Stuck TV theme music

Schar

Schar

When browsing a TV show that has theme music, if you navigate away before it starts playing then the music gets stuck in loop. Doesn’t matter what you play or navigate, it is there in the background and you need to force close the app. Even home screen doesn’t work (unless unloaded by running other apps). This is on both my XboxOne and OneX, running against a Windows server.

Seems to happen most when the is a delay in loading the music (drive spin up) and I’ve started an episode, everything is mixed together.

Feels like a bit of a race condition in terms of when it occurs. Cannot reproduce unless the theme music hasn’t started before I navigate or play something; if the music starts when I enter the show page (or episode) then it stops properly on the next action.

Can try and find logs if it helps.

Schar

Ah cool, did a search through the bugs but didn’t check the feature requests.

Almost need a “force kill theme music” event to fire when navigating out of series or into episode.

I do like the cache idea, nice.

Spaceboy

I saw your other thread, I don’t agree that this is a feature request. It’s a big and should be fixed as one, not lost forever in embys protracted feature requests

schmitty

By caching theme music, it should play immediately upon entering a series or movie screen. It wouldn’t be an option, it would be default behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

By caching theme music, it should play immediately upon entering a series or movie screen. It wouldn’t be an option, it would be default behaviour.

i agree, but if we want this attending to ever, let alone within the next year, then I suggest you pursue the bug route and offer the cached solution as an alternative

Schar

Have also had it happen on my native Samsung TV app.

Caching wouldn't necessarily fix the problem, the underlying timing condition would still be there, just much harder to trigger.

Yea this is just an example we haven't looked at yet, backing out while the theme music is leading. We'll take a look at it. Thanks.

schmitty

Also @@Luke, when the music is loading , and you play or resume something the music plays out then loads the next episode.