Emby not always updating in Kodi

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Angelblue05

I'm reworking this once more. There were a few changes in the api (with 4.2) that broke my previous solution for you. Thanks again for your patience guys, I hope to have a new build out either tonight or tomorrow.

@@Glyde62

Please let me know how I can replicate your situation on my side. I would really like to make sure it is resolved with this next build. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Glyde62

I'm reworking this once more. There were a few changes in the api (with 4.2) that broke my previous solution for you. Thanks again for your patience guys, I hope to have a new build out either tonight or tomorrow.

@@Glyde62

Please let me know how I can replicate your situation on my side. I would really like to make sure it is resolved with this next build. Thanks again.

Actually seems to be behaving itself tonight

No idea why though, Didn't see any updates

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@heula

Please give it another go with 4.1.3. Repair your libraries (tv shows and movies). Let me know if it is back to normal.

@@Glyde62

Keep me posted if the issue returns.

heula

@@heula

Please give it another go with 4.1.3. Repair your libraries (tv shows and movies). Let me know if it is back to normal.

Deleted one episode yesterday and it was removed from the library.

So it seems fixed. I will test more the next days. If I do not report back it's all good again.

Thanks!

• Like 1

mobamobamoba

Using 4.1.3 and same problem unfortunately. Have to manually repair libraries to get rid of deleted episodes.

mobamobamoba

Not startup, while watching in Kodi. Finish a show, get delete option, click yes, show deletes from Emby but remains in Kodi until I manually update libraries.

And my Kodi log is huge; is there a particular part of it I can send to cut it down since I don't want to delete a file (obviously) just for the purposes of logging. I can see the chunk from yesterday's like where I finished watching something and deleted it and it's still in Kodi today. Would cutting/pasting that chunk help?

Angelblue05

Follow the steps in the guide I linked above. Disable Kodi debug*, then your log shouldn't be huge. Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

mobamobamoba

Sorry maybe I'm misunderstanding something in the wiki. It specifically says to upload my kodi.log so I'm not sure what you mean about disabling my kodi log.

horstepipe

Sorry maybe I'm misunderstanding something in the wiki. It specifically says to upload my kodi.log so I'm not sure what you mean about disabling my kodi log.

You’re supposed to disable DEBUG log in Kodi settings -> System -> logging

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry I mispoke, I meant the Kodi debug, disable it and your log won’t be huge.

mobamobamoba

Log attached. I watched and deleted two shows then exited Kodi. The first was the only episode in a series and that deleted properly along with the series itself deleting. The second has the not-deleting bug. Thanks.

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Log attached. I watched and deleted two shows then exited Kodi. The first was the only episode in a series and that deleted properly along with the series itself deleting. The second has the not-deleting bug. Thanks.

Thanks for your patience on this. I think I see something in your log that could explain the issue. I will do a little more testing and keep you posted once I have a solution.

mobamobamoba

Can you try this build? I saw there was an issue with terminating threads for removed items, that could potentially affect other content updates.

Okay I'll try it. FYI it threw this error on installation:

09:46:00.433 T:2988  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.service -> ---<[ EXITING ]

09:46:00.437 T:11452  NOTICE: EMBY.hooks.monitor -> ---<[ listener ]

09:46:00.443 T:6652  NOTICE: EMBY.library -> ---<[ library ]

09:46:00.503 T:5148  NOTICE: EMBY.hooks.webservice -> ---<[ webservice ]

09:46:00.506 T:2988  NOTICE: Emby.emby.core.http -> --<[ session/548043824 ]

09:46:00.508 T:2988  NOTICE: Emby -> ---[ STOPPED ALL EMBYCLIENTS ]---

09:46:00.513 T:2988  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.service -> ---<<<[ EMBY ]

09:46:00.521 T:5088  NOTICE: Emby.emby.core.ws_client -> ERROR:: argument of type 'int' is not iterable

09:46:00.525 T:11424  NOTICE: EMBY.service -> --<[ service ]

09:46:00.528 T:5088  NOTICE: Emby.emby.core.ws_client -> ---<[ websocket ]

09:46:05.337 T:11424 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(2, C:\Users\Matt.S2016JMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py): the python script "C:\Users\Matt.S2016JMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_Director,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_Director,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_Director

09:46:06.745 T:4556   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>

Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Users\\Matt.S2016JMI\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.emby\\resources\\lib\\patch.py', 116, 53, "            return requests.get(OBJ, headers=headers={'User-Agent': 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36'}, verify=False).json()\n"))

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Matt.S2016JMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 39, in <module>

import entrypoint

File "C:\Users\Matt.S2016JMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\entrypoint\__init__.py", line 26, in <module>

from service import Service

File "C:\Users\Matt.S2016JMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\entrypoint\service.py", line 6, in <module>

import patch

SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Users\\Matt.S2016JMI\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.emby\\resources\\lib\\patch.py', 116, 53, "            return requests.get(OBJ, headers=headers={'User-Agent': 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36'}, verify=False).json()\n"))

-->End of Python script error report<--

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Log? Did you try to restart Kodi? I don't have that issue, I've just retried to make sure. It's 4.1.3 with 3 extra lines.

mobamobamoba

Restarting Kodi took care of it. I'll report back next time I delete and let you know if the fix worked.

• Like 1

heula

Sorry, but I have issues again. It seems really random. Sometimes the deleted episodes are gone and than a few stay behind. 

I have two Shield TV's now and on both I have the same issue.

kodi Shield 1.log

kodi.old shield 1.log

kodi Shield 2.log

kodi.old shield 2.log

Thanks.

Edited by heula

heula

Did you try the version I posted above? 4.1.3C?

No, must have missed that one. Will try that tomorrow.

Thanks.

theglaeb

Hi, Not sure if it's related to the issues in this thread or if I have a different problem.

For at least a week or so, When I open kodi 9 out of 10 times it does not process updates.  I will see the Welcome message than nothing happens.  New movies or shows that I've added to emby will not appear.  However if I add or delete movies/shows from emby while kodi is open it will process those new updates but not the missing updates.  In fact the only way I have found to correct the libraries in kodi is to do an update or repair library or local database reset. 

Another issue (possibly related) My multi-version movies are showing multiple entries in kodi.  You can choose any of the entries and each will behave correctly..  Meaning the choices will appear can be chosen and will play.  If I've done an update or repair of the library it will appear correctly temporary, but with each test it will eventually break into multiple entries. 

Emby is working correctly with all the above issues.

I've tried multiple tests, including rebuilding kodi.  I have three different devices all have the same new issue.  I've tried different versions of emby for kodi as well as different versions of Kodi (Leia). 4.1.2, 4.1.3, and 4.1.3c.  I even tried a rollback to 4.0.28.

I'm thinking it might be related to something that has changed in the beta versions of Emby server.  I'm currently on 4.2.0.31 beta.  I've been upgrading it regularly to see if gets fixed.

log attached.

kodi.log