Emby not always updating in Kodi

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Angelblue05

Please provide your server log as well.

If you are able to repeat this test, please this time only, enable debug in the add-on settings > advanced. Provide an updated Kodi log, thank you.

Two changes happened. The server implemented to it's core, tracking of modified items replacing the bulk of the server plugin Kodi companion which now only tracks deleted items.

Second change is for pooling stacked items, the server now provides the key that designates stacked pooled items. I would have to see an example capturing when the issue arises. I will retest this to make sure.

Edit: I've retested movie stacking and it works here. I added an extra version to one of my movies and I still only have one entry. This was done while Kodi was offline.  I'll await your other logs. Are you stacking using the web interface or file naming?

@@heula

I am fairly certain 4.1.3c (you can sideload it as well) will resolve your issue looking at your logs. Keep me posted, thank you!

Edited by Angelblue05

theglaeb

I'm stacking by filenames.  They look correct in the emby app/browser view.  With the stacking issue it seems after I repaired or updated the library that it takes some time before it happens. Very random.  Once it does happen I have to do an update or repair to fix it.
Example: 

\Star Wars (1977)
\Star Wars (1977) - 4k77.mkv
\Star Wars (1977) - Despecialized Edition 2.7.mkv
\Star Wars (1977) - Special Edition.mkv

I've attached logs with debug on and pictures 

kodi.log

embyserver.txt

post-334147-0-68536300-1563398963_thumb.jpg

post-334147-0-13444800-1563398981_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

tomimc

Hi, I think i have the same issue.

My tv series are not updating, i must do a repair library everyday couse new series are not added.

I cant see any error in kodi log.

Movies are woking OK.

I tried with 4.1.3C 

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm stacking by filenames.  They look correct in the emby app/browser view.  With the stacking issue it seems after I repaired or updated the library that it takes some time before it happens. Very random.  Once it does happen I have to do an update or repair to fix it.

Example: 

\Star Wars (1977)

I've attached logs with debug on and pictures 

Thanks for providing your log, but can you also tell me what content was added to emby but missing from Kodi? Thanks.

theglaeb

Thanks for providing your log, but can you also tell me what content was added to emby but missing from Kodi? Thanks.

It has been movies and TV shows, 

For this test specifically it's amovie "Animal Crackers (1930).mkv"

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes I see something in your logs. I will keep you guys posted as soon as I have a fix.

theglaeb

Please try this build. I do hope it is resolved now. Keep me posted. It's available via sideloading as well.

I tested this build successfully for initial issue of libraries updating on start up.  It did require an update/repair of library to get previously missing content.. 

As for the stacking issue, I found how to reproduce it.  It happens with kodi open and emby for kodi processes updates with a change to library (add or delete). This still happening with 4.1.3d.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Please provide your Kodi log for the stacking issue. If you are actually able to replicate it, you can enable debug in the addon for this.

theglaeb

Attached is the log with debug.

I did and update library prior to this test.

My action was adding the movie Apollo 11 (2019).mkv to emby while kodi is open.

After kodi processes the changes the stacked movies I have break out into multiple entries.

I have about a dozen movies that I "stack"

Example: 

\Star Wars (1977)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@theglaeb

Can you restart Emby for Kodi (or Kodi), you should see a new patch applied. Can you repair your library to bring it back to normal and see if the issue persist?

Thanks!

Edit: well it doesn’t seem to be resolved. It must be something minor I’m not catching in logs. Still looking into it. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Angelblue05

heula

At this time alle deleted episodes are being removed again from the Kodi library. Hope it stays that way.  :D

Thanks!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

At this time alle deleted episodes are being removed again from the Kodi library. Hope it stays that way. :D

Thanks!

Same! I am not touching this again. Thanks again for helping troubleshoot this one.

theglaeb

@@theglaeb

Can you restart Emby for Kodi (or Kodi), you should see a new patch applied. Can you repair your library to bring it back to normal and see if the issue persist?

Thanks!

Edit: well it doesn’t seem to be resolved. It must be something minor I’m not catching in logs. Still looking into it. Thanks for your patience.

I got emails from this forum this morning asking to test the new build, but those posts seem to be gone. 

I did install 4.1.5 and tested the stacking issue.  So far everything is working as expected.Looks good.

Thanks for all your hard work making this an awesome add-on.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry for the confusion, I released the build with the fix instead. Thanks for reporting back that it does work correctly now.

Angelblue05

Small update on movie stacking. I found a few corner cases that are resolved with 4.1.9. Hopefully moving forward, this is fully resolved. Please let me know if it's not the case.

So is the secret to not use the repository and get the latest file attached in this thread?  I was hoping to avoid the endless loops of resetting and trying different versions as time constraints. Most recent update in repository rendered all my kodi boxes useless, so looks like I have to commit.  After the reset boot, looks like their is some coding issues.  Skips prompts like native path or default etc. and takes you right to sync.  I was having just the normal not syncing problems before the resets. Thought the reset with the latest and greatest from repo would finally solve syncing problem...Nope just messed em up good. Forcing to go alt route.

So can anyone attest to success with any of these attachments and which one is the latest and greatest that doesn't force us into beta repo?

Just installed 4.1.9 from zip.and it connects to server and shows in devices now..  Still does not sync with server however.  Honestly I dont think it ever has now for a very long time... Its freenas hosted server.(4.1.1.0)  Is the problem barbecue of that?  What version finally gets these to sync to kodi.. All phones, xbox, windows etc sync, just not kodi.  Not since the big change overs what a year ago now?

Edited by rsvp

Angelblue05

Just installed 4.1.9 from zip.and it connects to server and shows in devices now..  Still does not sync with server however.  Honestly I dont think it ever has now for a very long time... Its freenas hosted server.(4.1.1.0)  Is the problem barbecue of that?  What version finally gets these to sync to kodi.. All phones, xbox, windows etc sync, just not kodi.  Not since the big change overs what a year ago now?

Without your Kodi log I can't help you. PM if you need.

mafijozo

My problem with the Kodi sync is a bit specific, let me make an example.

The other day I downloaded Avengers Endgame in two different resolutions and the movie was added to Emby twice, which is correct. It was also synced to Kodi twice.

Then I grouped the two versions together, but in Kodi I still see the movie twice. I have to manually reset the library for the duplicate to disappear.

Is this something that you could fix?

Angelblue05

@@mafijozo

Restart Emby for Kodi or Kodi, you'll receive a new patch to fix movie stacking once and for all. Just refresh the entries in the webclient to trigger a force update for problematic content. If that doesn't work, you can try to do a scan library for new and updated file. If that still doesn't work, you will have to recreate the grouped version. Let me know if all the above fails, I have tested this one my side and it seems to work correctly now.

mafijozo

@@mafijozo

Restart Emby for Kodi or Kodi, you'll receive a new patch to fix movie stacking once and for all. Just refresh the entries in the webclient to trigger a force update for problematic content. If that doesn't work, you can try to do a scan library for new and updated file. If that still doesn't work, you will have to recreate the grouped version. Let me know if all the above fails, I have tested this one my side and it seems to work correctly now.

It seems your fix did it. I have tested with grouping / ungrouping three different versions of the Avengers. After an initial library repair, on the subsequent normal library syncs the grouped versions are added correctly (and individual movies are being removed). I will be testing this further with future downloads.

Thank you so very much for the fast fix.

• Like 2