Emby not always updating in Kodi

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

heula

@@heula

Restart Emby for Kodi, you should see a new pafch applied. Bring your libraries up to date once more. This time, if should keep up. The issue was related to newly added shows (or maybe the show was empty previously?). Anyway, I ensure to add the episodes if the show is added via live updates/fast sync. That should correct what you are seeing.

Thanks, I will post an update when I know if this works or not.

heula

It does update now but some of the new added episodes are double. In the widget but also in the serie itself. Only one file on my NAS.

This on my PC and Shield TV.

post-310-0-26137900-1559593474_thumb.jpg

post-310-0-90293600-1559593481_thumb.jpg

PC log kodi PC.log

Shield TV log kodi Shield TV.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@heula

To understand what happened, I'll need the ids associated with the episodes that are duplicated. Could you please try to play each episode and provide a new kodi log? Thank you. 

Edited by Angelblue05

heula

@@heula

To understand what happened, I'll need the ids associated with the episodes that are duplicated. Could you please try to play each episode and provide a new kodi log? Thank you. 

Played both Fear the walking dead 5x1 episodes, this is the log.

kodi PC 4-6-2019.log

Edited by heula
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@heula

Thanks for the log, I am working on a fix. Please do still update to the latest beta.

The issue is that the episode adds the show which then adds the episode (which initiated this). Have to prevent that.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@heula

Restart Kodi, you'll see a new patch applied. Repair the libraries to remove the duplicates. Let me know if the issue is resolved. I believe the issue was that the episode adds the show which then tries to add the episode (which initiated this). That caused the duplicate (the integrity errors)

• Like 1

heula

@@heula

Restart Kodi, you'll see a new patch applied. Repair the libraries to remove the duplicates. Let me know if the issue is resolved. I believe the issue was that the episode adds the show which then tries to add the episode (which initiated this). That caused the duplicate (the integrity errors)

After aplying the patch and updating the libraries the issue still remains. Not with all episodes but with some,

For example, today the episode Beste Kijkers NL 6x4 is double.

All older double episodes also still exist.

post-310-0-36997100-1559900867_thumb.png

kodi PC.log

kodi PC.old.log

Edited by heula

horstepipe

After aplying the patch and updating the libraries the issue still remains. Not with all episodes but with some,

Hey

just to be sure:

Did you really repair the library or did you press refresh?

Best regards

• Like 1

horstepipe
All older double episodes also still exist.

I'm asking because you're really not supposed to see that after a library repair from my experience.

• Like 1

heula

I'm asking because you're really not supposed to see that after a library repair from my experience.

No you are right. I updated instead or repairing. Doning that right now.

• Like 1

heula

@@heula

Still having this issue with newly added content?

Sorry for the late reaction. After the last updates and repair of the libraries it seems to go well now.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry for the late reaction. After the last updates and repair of the libraries it seems to go well now.

Thanks.

That is great to hear! Thank you for reporting back.

• 3 weeks later...
heula

Again I'm having issues but this time only on my Shield TV.

New episodes are going well but deleted items are not removed from the library. They are deleted because on the PC the deleted episodes are all gone.

On Shield TV the episodes are still visible but when I select one a message appears that the episode is no longer available in the library and asks me if I want to remove it from the library.

Emby for Kodi is up to date on Shield TV and PC.

Running Emby server version 4.2.0.12

kodi Shield TV.log

kodi Shield TV.old.log

kodi PC.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting @@heula

If I don't manage to find the fix right away, I will still release a new stable version because some api changes can't wait any longer, but I will keep you posted. It does seem like there was an issue on your shield regarding connection and then that resulted in an unusual error in the add-on. I will take a deeper look.

• Like 1

Glyde62

Again I'm having issues but this time only on my Shield TV.

New episodes are going well but deleted items are not removed from the library. They are deleted because on the PC the deleted episodes are all gone.

On Shield TV the episodes are still visible but when I select one a message appears that the episode is no longer available in the library and asks me if I want to remove it from the library.

Emby for Kodi is up to date on Shield TV and PC.

Running Emby server version 4.2.0.12

attachicon.gifkodi Shield TV.log

attachicon.gifkodi Shield TV.old.log

attachicon.gifkodi PC.log

Having same problem on my shield also

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Is this a recent issue? What server version are you on? I haven't been able to replicate this yet. Are we sure it's not bad entries from the past when I was trying to fix this issue?

mobamobamoba

Is this a recent issue? What server version are you on? I haven't been able to replicate this yet. Are we sure it's not bad entries from the past when I was trying to fix this issue?

I have this same issue and it showed up recently (using Kodi on Win10). I delete a show and it properly deletes in Emby and on the PC but still shows up in Kodi and won't disappear unless you go in and force a manual library repair.

Edited by mobamobamoba
  • Like 1

heula

I have seen two Emby Server updates and I thought one addon update but still the deleted items remain in the library.

Yesterday deleted several episodes of L.A's Finest, they are deleted but still visible on my Shield TV. When I take a look on my pc they are gone. When I delete an episode on my pc it disappears almost instantly.

I do see now a progress bar on top of the screen in Kodi. New items are still no issue. 

kodi.log

Thanks.

• Like 1

Glyde62

Had shows that we watched and Emby deleted them, But this afternoon they were showing again

Doing a library repair fixed it though

• Like 1

Glyde62

No fix for this problem

Watched shows still showing after Emby deleted them

Disappear but later show in library again

Angelblue05

I am working on fixing this situation, thanks again for your patience. I'll let you know if I need anything more.

• Like 2

Glyde62

Are you guys using the beta server by any chance?

Let me check....... 4.1.1.0-1 doesn't say beta anywhere

That's on my Synology btw

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok then you likely don’t have the same issue as heula. Did you provide your Kodi log? How can I replicate the behavior for myself? What’s your file structure? Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05