Emby not always updating in Kodi

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

popy

@@popy

Please try 4.0.21 and let me know if it resolves your issue.

@@alturismo

Without a Kodi log, I can't help you much. Was Kodi running at the time or is this an issue only when Kodi has been offline?

Thx a lot, can I update from last stable or so I have to start from scratch?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Yes but you can't go back to stable. You have to remain on beta until beta makes it to stable.

popy

Yes but you can't go back to stable. You have to remain on beta until beta makes it to stable.

Ok thanks, will update it and check if the issue is gone.

popy

Updated EMby Server to 4.1.1.0 (latest stable) and to emby addon 4.0.21a.

Sadly, I cant play any movies and also there is no welcom message from emby addon after restart of kodi.

Attached the log.

pOpY

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@popy

Sorry can you update to 4.0.22. That should fix it. I had an extra tab, and so it prevented the service from starting. I shouldn't code at 4 am. :(

You can sideload right now. Install from zip > kodi.emby.media > public testing

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

popy

@@popy

Sorry can you update to 4.0.22. That should fix it. I had an extra tab, and so it prevented the service from starting. I shouldn't code at 4 am. :(

You can sideload right now. Install from zip > kodi.emby.media > public testing

You should go to bed :-)

Tried to update, sadly kodi stucked/freezed during update of the addon.

Have powered down my android tv and booted it up again to get into kodi.

Tried the same again -> same issue.

Tried the same with deactivate the addon prior to upgrade -> Same happend, no sign of popup "addon installed".

Any hints?

popy

Kodi log? I've just updated no problem. You are on stable before you say?

PLease find attached the logs.

Also tried to remove the addon manually from addons folder and reinstall.

Cant get to 4.0.22.

i did it this way: 4.0.5 -> 4.0.21a (kodi freezed on update and addon didnt worked after) -> 4.0.22

Any hints i can get it to work?

If an complete resync is necessary, no problem... can you please guide me.

PS.: i have installed booth repos, stable and beta, could this be the issue?

pOpY

kodi.log

kodi.old.log

Edited by popy
  • Like 1

popy

Stop, ITS WORKING NOW with 4.0.22a.

Gone back to 4.0.5 -> kodi freezed.

Restarted kodi and updated strigth to 4.0.22 without going to 4.0.21 prior.

Now 4.0.22 is up and i can play again.

Will see if my standby issue is gone :-)

pOpY

Edited by popy
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I will definitely review this 4.0.5 to beta before pushing a new stable. Keep me posted.

• Like 1

popy

I will definitely review this 4.0.5 to beta before pushing a new stable. Keep me posted.

I'll think the issue was 4.0.21 which crashed kodi in some way on upgrading the addon to an working version (like 4.0.22).

But yeah, it would be good to try the upgrade on some users here from 4.0.5 stable to next stable.

PS.: How can i manage that next stable will be installed automatically rather than sitting on beta channel forever?

Removing beta repo?

Thanks

pOpY

popy

Once stable is out, update to it then disable the beta repository.

Can i disable the beta repo right now (if the current beta is stable enougth for me).

Will the next stable be installed on top of the current beta?

Edited by popy

Angelblue05

Yes you can do that. If anything, I always make latest builds via sideload, so you can update using that method if there's anything to fix with 4.0.22.

• Like 1

popy

Yes you can do that. If anything, I always make latest builds via sideload, so you can update using that method if there's anything to fix with 4.0.22.

Thanks, will try it this way.

alturismo

@@popy

Please try 4.0.21 and let me know if it resolves your issue.

@@alturismo

Without a Kodi log, I can't help you much. Was Kodi running at the time or is this an issue only when Kodi has been offline?

Hi, i tried to narrow it down and its a little different issue.

as note, it doesnt make any difference while the mashines are online or offline, kodi database gets screwed somehow here.

1st log is from windows laptop (fresh kodi start and a emby restart)

2nd log from an nvidia shield while running ... and a old log from shield

debug not enabled yet

Win_kodi.log

kodi.log

kodi.old.log

popy

Just want to let you know that I have removed a movie in standby of TV, after I have switched it on, emby for kodi picked up the changes [emoji6]

Than I have added 4 movies in standby, after wakeup emby for kodi has synced ~1700 changes!? Don't know why, but the added was also correctly synced. Sadly no log.

Will keep an eye on this.

pOpY

• Like 1

alturismo
@Angelblue05

g morning, ok, GOT episode 5 recorded last nite, cutted and remuxed today morning.

in the end again screwed database on clients (shield android tv)

set view mode to "all" (seen AND unseen)

sample screenshots what happens, kodi_win shows how it should be in this case (all episodes still there 72/72), kodi_android shows that episodes are "gone" (58/58) ...

log from android client attached

what will happen now when i watch this episode, it will be marked as watched and not be there when ticking view state "seen", but the GOT Show folder will stay active even if there are no unseen episodes inside ...

i tried to take a look at the companion database file, but there are id´s only so pretty hard to figure, and as its not always on all clients i assume this happens on client side only while writing to the database.

post-112497-0-44559300-1557724623_thumb.png

post-112497-0-18222100-1557724640_thumb.png

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@alturismo

Honestly, I haven't a clue yet why it behaves this way. It's not something I've seen myself. I need a way to replicate this scenario. In your log, I see the entries being removed and the new ones being added, but not sure why the watched status is messed up like that.

Edited by Angelblue05

heula

It looks to be a widget shortcut. So in Kodi, your skin, check your widgets.

You don't have a library with that id (you can confirm by viewing the library in the webclient, check the id in the url)? That might be what's causing your server to timeout?

2019-05-07 07:54:16.115 T:11416  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.default -> path: ?folder=RecentlyAdded&server=None&type=homevideos&id=8fe38898df089944b7a35f5183e1cc20&mode=browse&reload=20190507055310 params: {
                                                "server": "None", 
                                                "reload": "20190507055310", 
                                                "mode": "browse", 
                                                "folder": "RecentlyAdded", 
                                                "type": "homevideos", 
                                                "id": "8fe38898df089944b7a35f5183e1cc20"
                                            }

I did take a look at my homevideos widget in Kodi but it has a different entrypoint value.

I have updated the addon to the latest version and will see if the updates do come now at all time.

post-310-0-09437200-1557732602_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

Angelblue05

Hmm it would be different. This is for home screen shortcuts, is there a section for widgets? If not, not that big a deal... Probably a dead link somewhere.

Edited by Angelblue05

heula

Hmm it would be different. This is for home screen shortcuts, is there a section for widgets? If not, not that big a deal... Probably a dead link somewhere.

I have a widget chosen for recent added movies by Kodi.

post-310-0-74939400-1557760767_thumb.jpg

Edited by heula

alturismo

@@alturismo

Honestly, I haven't a clue yet why it behaves this way. It's not something I've seen myself. I need a way to replicate this scenario. In your log, I see the entries being removed and the new ones being added, but not sure why the watched status is messed up like that.

i believe so ;)

i try to make it easy reproduceable cause i guess its the multi versions i produce and remove (cut and remux, move to proper folder)...

cause this only occurs on my tvrips ... movies are all good wich i dont remux and move ...

sample workflow is

1. recorded .ts file resists in like 

/Series/Game of Thrones/Season 8/Game of Thrones - S08E05 Episode 5.ts

2. now create a copy as .mkv (same as cut and remux)

/Series/Game of Thrones/Season 8/Game of Thrones - S08E05 Episode 5.mkv

3. now move the file to a 2 digit Season folder (automated)

/Series/Game of Thrones/Season 08/Game of Thrones - S08E05 Episode 5.mkv

now update library by api call

thats my workflow ....

between those steps there can be so much time that ALL versions are readed by emby.

so 1st .ts added to library, 2nd the .mkv is added to library, 3. the moved .mkv is added to library ...

now it depends what happens to the connected kodi´s .... while they are 99 % online ...

as in my previous samples u may saw a .ts file as leftover in kodi database ... even its not there anymore ...

emby app, web access, all good ...

• Like 1

popy

@Angelblue05: removed and added something in standby. And TV picked up the changes after wakeup (with standby in night).

Seems my issue is solved.

Thanks again

PS.: Any time horizon for a stable?

thx

pOpY

• Like 1