Emby not always updating in Kodi

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Angelblue05

Something is definitely up with your live updates.

@@Seger

Can you sideload 4.0.20e? Install from zip > kodi.emby.media > public testing

Let me know if the issue persists. If it does, can you also confirm in the webclient, that the Kodi player is indeed available to be controlled via the play to option (the cast icon in the webclient). I'm not seeing live updates in your logs, that's why a restart is needed. Live updates are sent via the websocket connection, I don't see any errors regarding that in your log, but nothing is sent to it so the add-on does not do anything.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@popy

I do see an issue with your scenario. It just restarts the websocket which was disconnected. It does not grab updates that happened while it was disconnected. I'll make some adjustments.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@heula

I saw something strange in your logs. I am still looking for an explanation. Essentially, updates are received, it processed deletion... leaving content updates unprocessed it seems. I'm not sure how that happened. I will let you know as soon as I find out more. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

popy

@@popy

I do see an issue with your scenario. It just restarts the websocket which was disconnected. It does not grab updates that happened while it was disconnected. I'll make some adjustments.

thx, take your time, just let me know.

I am here to test.

pOpY

PS.: should ill upgrade my emby server or can i leave it at Version 4.0.0.2 ?

Seger

Something is definitely up with your live updates.

@@Seger

Can you sideload 4.0.20e? Install from zip > kodi.emby.media > public testing

Let me know if the issue persists. If it does, can you also confirm in the webclient, that the Kodi player is indeed available to be controlled via the play to option (the cast icon in the webclient). I'm not seeing live updates in your logs, that's why a restart is needed. Live updates are sent via the websocket connection, I don't see any errors regarding that in your log, but nothing is sent to it so the add-on does not do anything.

no change, addon updated, favorite removed at 21:12 and nothing happens in Kodi, moreover, the change will be implemented only after a reboot. in the dashboard he shows me the Kodi instance, but there are funny characters with fritz.box available (see picture).

I also have a real time problem like many others right now, but that only affects the server, it certainly will have nothing to do with it:
Edited by Seger

Angelblue05

No that is not what I asked you to check in the webclient @@Seger

Your issue is regarding the websocket connection I am pretty sure. <--- I just reread your post. As long as new content appears on your server, then yes you are correct, your real-time monitor is not the issue. But you still have the problem with the server to Kodi due to the websocket connection.

Does Kodi appear when you click Play to here. It's the quickest way to confirm if it's an issue with the websocket connection.

5cd5d0a47f814_playto.png

Edited by Angelblue05

Seger

No that is not what I asked you to check in the webclient @@Seger

Your issue is regarding the websocket connection I am pretty sure. <--- I just reread your post. As long as new content appears on your server, then yes you are correct, your real-time monitor is not the issue. But you still have the problem with the server to Kodi due to the websocket connection.

Does Kodi appear when you click Play to here. It's the quickest way to confirm if it's an issue with the websocket connection.

5cd5d0a47f814_playto.png

okay there's not happening at all, the server only loads and it does not open a menu. enclosed the log from the server.

• Like 1

No, the log looks normal to me. Are you able to control other web app sessions, like if you open one in Chrome and one in Firefox?

• Like 1

Seger

@@Luke

@@Angelblue05

yes, if I choose from chrome streaming then I can quite normal stream on my shield. However, kodi is not displayed there. slowly I think that my server is somehow buggy. in the real time supply, the lack of establishing the connection and then the topic that is not loaded in new series, the background image. everything does not really have anything to do with stable ... :-( How should I proceed now?

thank you guys

Angelblue05

@@Seger

Ok, can you try the following. Turn off Kodi. In the Emby server dashboard > Devices > Find the Kodi device then 3 dots > Delete. You will need to reauthenticate in Kodi, but then does this help? Try to do the Play to select again, does Kodi show up?

Edited by Angelblue05

Seger

update: now he has just displayed all my devices, have restarted everything. but the real mistake remains. when I select the kodi device and what plays he shows me a play bar in the browser to synonymous running, but it is not a movie to see. attached again the log ...

Edited by Seger

Angelblue05

What you mean by this?

but it is not a movie to see.

attachicon.gifUnbenannt.JPG

Can you try to play something in Kodi, stop playback after a minute. Wait a bit then post your Kodi log.

Seger
@@Angelblue05 UPDATE AND SOLUTION :-): So delete the tip with the device and then in Emby for Kodi was the cure! Then the connection works again immediately! the streaming is now synonymous again, was just just a bar without picture in kodi. Now the connection is restored and played. the favorites will be immediately removed or added. was probably a mistake in the original connection.

Now only the other errors remain from the other thread, but there is @@Luke turn.

Many thanks! If I should test something, always like to come here.

many Greetings,

seger

Edited by Seger
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yup, it looks normal now. :)

Don't forget to delete your logs from your posts.

Angelblue05

No. Yours should be fixed with the next beta version. I have a few things left to fix. Hopefully later today.

• Like 1

horstepipe

@@Angelblue05 UPDATE AND SOLUTION :-): So delete the tip with the device and then in Emby for Kodi was the cure! Then the connection works again immediately! the streaming is now synonymous again, was just just a bar without picture in kodi. Now the connection is restored and played. the favorites will be immediately removed or added. was probably a mistake in the original connection.

Sorry seger but I don't 100% understand what you did to fix your problem. Did you only clean up the device list in Emby server?

popy

No. Yours should be fixed with the next beta version. I have a few things left to fix. Hopefully later today.

No problem. Just let me know.

THANKS A LOT!

pOpY

Angelblue05

@@horstepipe

@@Seger

Ok, can you try the following. Turn off Kodi. In the Emby server dashboard > Devices > Find the Kodi device then 3 dots > Delete. You will need to reauthenticate in Kodi, but then does this help? Try to do the Play to select again, does Kodi show up?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@heula

Ok I checked your log. Your server keeps timing out when the add-on tries to retrieve your updates, that's why nothing happens. Not sure why, but I've set it to retry it.

You also have a shortcut that never loads in your skin. Can you remove it? Homevideos (8fe38898df089944b7a35f5183e1cc20) recently added or at least confirm if it ever loads?

Let's retry with 4.0.21a. I've made a few adjustments around what I saw in your logs.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@popy

Please try 4.0.21 and let me know if it resolves your issue.

@@alturismo

Without a Kodi log, I can't help you much. Was Kodi running at the time or is this an issue only when Kodi has been offline?

• Like 1

heula

@@heula

Ok I checked your log. Your server keeps timing out when the add-on tries to retrieve your updates, that's why nothing happens. Not sure why, but I've set it to retry it.

You also have a shortcut that never loads in your skin. Can you remove it? Homevideos (8fe38898df089944b7a35f5183e1cc20) recently added or at least confirm if it ever loads?

Let's retry with 4.0.21a. I've made a few adjustments around what I saw in your logs.

Where can I find this "Homevideos (8fe38898df089944b7a35f5183e1cc20)"?

I searched in Kodi and in the Emby Server but nothing is found there.

Angelblue05

It looks to be a widget shortcut. So in Kodi, your skin, check your widgets.

You don't have a library with that id (you can confirm by viewing the library in the webclient, check the id in the url)? That might be what's causing your server to timeout?

2019-05-07 07:54:16.115 T:11416  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.default -> path: ?folder=RecentlyAdded&server=None&type=homevideos&id=8fe38898df089944b7a35f5183e1cc20&mode=browse&reload=20190507055310 params: {
                                                "server": "None", 
                                                "reload": "20190507055310", 
                                                "mode": "browse", 
                                                "folder": "RecentlyAdded", 
                                                "type": "homevideos", 
                                                "id": "8fe38898df089944b7a35f5183e1cc20"
                                            }
Edited by Angelblue05