Emby for Kodi - 4.0.16a to 4.0.19a - Media No Longer Plays

DarWun
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

sualfred

Mostly caused by a v19 update somehow I guess. As we said. No support for it. A break is garantued. It makes no sense to follow Kodi 19 developments and changes if they change things again on the next day. Or fix things for a bug that has been introduced that will act differently on the other day.

Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

It’s only working because you upgraded from 18. It still carries the kodi leia objects even though it can’t find a patch to go with Kodi 19, which doesn’t exist yet.

The moment they change the database structure, things will break for you. As long as you are aware of this.

aj_hix36

What the heck is going on?? Now my addon is updated to 4.0.20 and it can't connect at all. Completely broke the system. It never shows that Emby actually logs in. I even reset the database, and nothing fixed.

Angelblue05

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but without a Kodi log I can’t help you. You can look at previous post, maybe I’ve already answered how to fix your scenario.

Angelblue05

Sorry I wasn't sure how to do that at first.

OK, it is https://paste.kodi.tv/vudejicige

You don’t have a local address assigned to your server. In your emby server dashboard > advanced > bind to local network address: set it to your server’s ip. Edited by Angelblue05

aj_hix36

You don’t have a local address assigned to your server. In your emby server dashboard > advanced > bind to local network address: set it to your server’s ip.

I just now checked again and verified, I have that set already, always did, and I can connect to it through my desktop AND my phone by typing it via the ip and :8096, it functions as expected. But my kodi device has no such luck.

Angelblue05

Your server is not broadcasting a local address. If you check your dashboard, it shows both LAN and WAN addresses?

aj_hix36

Your server is not broadcasting a local address. If you check your dashboard, it shows both LAN and WAN addresses?

Version 4.2.0.5 beta

checkEmby Server is up to date

Running on http port 8096.

Remote (WAN) access: my No-IP website name

Angelblue05

Version 4.2.0.5 beta

checkEmby Server is up to date

Running on http port 8096.

Remote (WAN) access: my No-IP website name

Exactly. What did you use as network ip in the setting I mentioned previously? Seems non valid since the server has no LAN address, only remote.

aj_hix36

Exactly. What did you use as network ip in the setting I mentioned previously? Seems non valid since the server has no LAN address, only remote.

192.168.50.214, i've been using the same thing for years now. and when i type in 192.168.50.214:8096 on my desktop (which is my server), or my phone on wifi, it connects to emby.

Angelblue05

Try removing it. Restart your server. Then check if you have a LAN address, if not. Re-add the address in the setting. Restart Emby again. Let me know if that helped. As long as you don’t have the LAN appear, it will trigger errors when trying to connect.

aj_hix36

Try removing it. Restart your server. Then check if you have a LAN address, if not. Re-add the address in the setting. Restart Emby again. Let me know if that helped. As long as you don’t have the LAN appear, it will trigger errors when trying to connect.

That did the trick, now it says LAN access again... thank you so much! And I really wish I had a good explanation.... I think the ethernet adapter was disabled at the time the emby server was started today, maybe that caused the server to freak out and prevent LAN. So weird that other devices worked still.

• Like 1