Old Guide Data won't remove after deleting configuration for LIveTV

Photopawz

Photopawz

I have changed the LiveTV configuration so many times now trying to get rid of the old data of when it was first loaded. I have an IPTV provider where I can use their M3U url or I can use the M3U file I edited with ERD IPTV M3U Editor. I also can use thier xmltv url or I have a subscription with XMLVT Listings with my own XMLTV.xml file. But for the life of me I can't get rid of the old data and I have gone everywhere I can think of to clear caches and temps and so on. Emby by the way is a docker-compose created image that is running fine besides this part which is driving bonkers.

Can anyone help please

Hi there, did you try clicking "refresh guide" on the live tv setup screen?

Photopawz

Yes I did a ton of times. Channels from the original url I used that came from my IPTV provider are still being listed in the LiveTV guide. I have deleted everything related to LiveTV so many times and created new devices and guides and deleted them over and over again. I have deleted everything in the cache folder and everything in LiveTV folders in the docker container. I am at a loss. I have no idea where the data is coming from. The channels from the current m3u file and the xmltv file do show up in the guide. Honestly I just want to start freash in LiveTV a blank slate without deleting the docker container and starting all over again.

Can you show a screenshot of the live tv setup screen? thanks.

Photopawz

Here are the captures of the setup, m3u source, xmltv source and a example of the channels that don't exist in the m3u file of the xmltv file.

5cd1e23be4355_TVSource.png5cd1e248f2707_XMLTVSource.png5cd1e258625bf_TVGuideDataExampleIwantrem

Can you click Cancel, and then show a screenshot of the previous screen? It's the main live tv setup screen. Thanks !

Photopawz

These are your words "Can you show a screenshot of the live tv setup screen? thanks." then you just said Can you click Cancel, and then show a screenshot of the previous screen? It's the main live tv setup screen. Thanks !

I do not know what screen you want me to show you?

Server

-?

Devices

-?

LiveTV

-?

Expert

-?

Name the screen you want to see. I sent you the answer to your first question already. LiveTV setup screen is above.

Click Live TV on the left side menu. That will pull up the screen that shows all the tuners and guide sources. That's what I'd like to see. Thanks.

Photopawz

My apologies I thought I sent this capture already. Just realized it didn't get added to the other post.

5cd2130ab4f2d_LiveTVSetupCapture.png

Can you try removing that tv source, then run the guide refresh process, wait for it to complete, and then check the live tv channels section. Is it blank at that point?

• 2 months later...
ghostofwilly@comcast.net

Can you try removing that tv source, then run the guide refresh process, wait for it to complete, and then check the live tv channels section. Is it blank at that point?

and then?  What was the solution because this didn't work for me. 

and then?  What was the solution because this didn't work for me. 

Hi there, since this is your first post, can you please start from the beginning? What is the issue that you're having? Thanks.

Same as the OP. 

Can you please describe what you've done in your own words? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.2? We're happy to help. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
kdtadmin

I am having the exact same issue.  My TV sources is blank as well as guide, and tv show data is still populating.  No channels work obviously, but they are showing with a completely blank TV provider and guide data.  I have clicked "refresh guide" as well.  

10 minutes ago, kdtadmin said:

I am having the exact same issue.  My TV sources is blank as well as guide, and tv show data is still populating.  No channels work obviously, but they are showing with a completely blank TV provider and guide data.  I have clicked "refresh guide" as well.  

HI there, please refresh the guide and then attach the emby server log when it finishes. thanks.

Hi, you need to try to do this again but instead of posting a picture of your logs, you need to upload the actual text log file.:)

Hi, you have a lot of errors in your logs where Emby isn't able to reach internet addresses to pull down info.

Are you running behind a VPN, have any special firewall or filtering software being used?

Something is blocking Internet access.

kdtadmin

Nothing has been added or changed to the system.  It is running in a docker on Debian on a small form pc used for nothing but a media server.  Not currently behind a VPN either.  Worked with no issue last week.  I decided to change my channel line up, and ran into this.  

Oh, didn't even see that mentioned previously and I never thought to ask but would have figured this out from the config file you sent me.

So now without the plugin loaded the last channel mapped does work correct for you?