Emby Theater on a hidden display... can't bring it back

blei

blei

I can't use Emby Theater because it's on a hidden display... I use 2 displays + my receiver. The receiver display is "duplicated" with the main display.

How do I get it to show on on one of my displays when it's hidden?

blei

I was able to eventually bring it back once I tried a bunch of monitor placement configurations.

Regardless, there should be a way to control which monitor Emby appears in.

• 1 year later...
brentbell

I have this same issue - I tried all options at the link posted above and can not get Emby back!  I was running a 2 monitor configuration but one monitor died. After this I opened Emby theater and clicked the middle 'Restore Down' button to make it a window that I could move - and when I did that it went to the second monitor and no way I can get it to come back to my main (only desktop).  Why is it that none of the options that work for other programs will not work with Emby, it's like they have all been disabled?  I am not having this problem with any of my other software except Emby.

Please tell me how I can use Emby Theater again?

brentbell
1 hour ago, Hxemby001 said:

Have you tried Windows Key + Tab, then right-clicked and moved the app?

after Windows Key + Tab...right-click where? Emby is offscreen, tried right-click on Emby icon on Taskbar but no luck - any other ideas?

So the APP is running on your system.. and it is not showing up on that screen.. Do you have other desktops listed even? and is it shown running in Task Manager?

Next try Windows + P and change it to 'PC Screen Only'... See what happens... Usually nothing gets changed unless the main display gets disconnected or you change it there. Even unplugging your HDMI, plugging it back in may trigger all of the windows back onto the same screen with resizing.. Same thing happens when I turn off my AVR.. ( My Main display and audio runs through.. ) I have had issues with this in the past when using my Wireless Display Adapter, but usually you are supposed to switch the display config or disconnect from it.. would trigger this to happen but.. if it is done any other way.. I guess not.. about detection I guess. AND Desktops are different from displays too.. so I guess that was a long shot..LOL

Hope that works.

I used to use DeskSpace.. That was a cool desktop and display management software..

Edited by Guest

Hi, you should be able to hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the program in the taskbar, then select “Move“.

• 9 months later...
mechguy

I am also having this issue and nothing listed above works. I am not able to snap the window in any way since Electron apps are not resizable.

2 hours ago, mechguy said:

I am also having this issue and nothing listed above works. I am not able to snap the window in any way since Electron apps are not resizable.

You may just want to try uninstalling reinstalling. We're working on a brand new Windows app that shouldn't have this issue, but that's your best workaround for right now.

mechguy
15 hours ago, Luke said:

You may just want to try uninstalling reinstalling. We're working on a brand new Windows app that shouldn't have this issue, but that's your best workaround for right now.

Thanks Luke, great to hear a new app is incoming, been a life long Emby fan but the Electron based Theater app has some odd quirks! Looking forward to testing out the new app.

For anyone else that finds this thread, I manged to fix the issue by positioning a second screen in the same space as the screen that previously had the Emby app.

E.g. If you previously had the Emby Theater app open on a second screen that was position above your main screen in Windows, plug in another screen in that same location and the Emby app will be there.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1