Issues identifying Episodes

joeydicapua

joeydicapua

For some reason, on the latest update, it now takes me 2-6 times of identifying an episode to make it "stick". And sometimes it will undo the "identified" episodes all together. Please help with this!

joeydicapua

So, say I go into my tv shows and right click and select "identify" (ex. South Park), then select the south park poster then ok. Once the dialogue disappears it will sometimes label it correctly and grab the poster correctly. While other times, only change the poster but leave title. And sometimes do nothing but blink like it is refreshing, but do nothing. There is also an issue with it not grouping "like" tv shows together (yes I have it selected to do so in the settings). Thanks for quick response.

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this? You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

The real question though is why are you having to do this in the first place? As far as I know there's only one show called South Park. Typically you would only need to use Identify if something was detected incorrectly due to similar or same naming as another show.

joeydicapua

I usually have to do this, because the tv show episodes that I "pull" from Sonarr, usually still have a naming convention that Emby can't pick up on. With Movies, Emby will do a decent job with. See attachment for server logs

embylogs.zip

joeydicapua

Also, the issue is not just with South Park, its really any episode that I have tried. All worked fine before latest server update. Thanks for your help.

Can you attach the log in it's original plain text format rather than docx? Also, what is the naming convention of the files? 

What example in this log should we focus on? Can you please discuss a specific one? Thanks.