Apple TV Top Shelf Titles

pingili

pingili

Hello,

I am noticing that certain Emby movies/shows I am watching are shown up on the Apple TV 4K's Top Shelf without posters (i.e., as black/blank posters). Within the app, these titles have posters that work fine.

Any reason this is happening? I don't see this with Infuse Pro or Plex.

Thanks.

Vivek 

pingili

Hello,

Thanks for replying! The movies are from my own library. What I've noticed is that any TV show I play on the Emby shows up as "watching" on the Apple TV's top shelf. However, movies I watch show up as blank postcards. If I highlight them, then name of the movie shows up at the bottom, but the tile/postcard is a solid colour with three light grey circles. It seems like the poster images are not showing up on top shelf. They do show up within the Emby app.

Vivek 

pingili

Luke,

Thanks for your help. I am running the public beta TVOS 12.3 on my Apple TV 4K, so entirely possible that may be the cause. I signed up for Emby just yesterday (and so have not used before I installed the public beta TVOS).

Vivek

corey

Hi @@pingili --

I'm unable to repeat this issue on my setup and I see posters for my Next Up, Continue and New content. Would it be possible for you to grant me access to your server so I can see if I can repeat the issue?

Thanks!

pingili

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your reply. I just PM'ed you my log-in details. I am noticing that I can see tiles of shows I am watching, but for movies I am watching, the tiles are blank - solid black with 3 greyish circles. I am using TVOS 12.3 (public beta in version 5).

Thanks.

Vivek 

Hi.  Are the locations of the movies available at the time this is happening?

pingili

Hi ebr,

What do you mean by "location of the movies"? I can see their names in top shelf (at the bottom of the tile in text) when I click on the blank tile in top shelf. And I can access these movies. IT is just that the poster on the tiles is not showing up on top shelf. The poster does show up within Emby app on TVOS.

Thanks.

Vivek

pingili

As a follow-up, I just noticed that when I try to click on the bank tile for a movie, I get the following message: "Unable to fetch data. Line: 229. Message: Network request failed" I am able to access tv shows via Top Shelf. Also, I can play these movies from within the Emby app on TVOS (And the posters are visible there). 

I mean their physical location (like what hard drive or file server they are on) because those images are just urls so, if the location of the image is not accessible, then it won't be able to show.

Senna

I mean their physical location (like what hard drive or file server they are on) because those images are just urls so, if the location of the image is not accessible, then it won't be able to show.

They show and play within the Emby Apple TV app

Also, I can play these movies from within the Emby app on TVOS (And the posters are visible there).

They show and play within the Emby Apple TV app

I understand but that is once the app is open and, perhaps, we have awakened his server...