#122 darkassassin07 OFFLINE  

darkassassin07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • Local time: 01:25 PM

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:00 AM

Hey @TeamB, I have a couple small requests for you

Could you add the time a piece of media was played to the 'user playback history' page? (the one you get when you click on a user on the users page) You have the duration of playback, and the date played but not the time of day it was played.

As well as on the breakdown page, possibly a set of graphs for music playback like you do for movies and tv shows?
Instead of just adding more and more pie charts to the same page, you could opt for a selector to choose which libraries or content types to display graphs for.

Great work on the pluggin so far man. There is quite a bit of usefull info here that I keep finding myself comming back too :D

Edited by darkassassin07, 12 June 2019 - 03:01 AM.

#123 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts
  • Local time: 06:25 AM

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for the feedback :-)

Could you add the time a piece of media was played to the 'user playback history' page? (the one you get when you click on a user on the users page) You have the duration of playback, and the date played but not the time of day it was played.

The "User Playback History" report page aggregates all the time an item played over that day so there is no real start time. If you want to actual start and duration time of each playback part you can view the "Users Playback" report page, click on the chart for the day and user you are interested in and it will show you the table under the chart with the individual play actions with the start time and duration of that play action.

As well as on the breakdown page, possibly a set of graphs for music playback like you do for movies and tv shows?
Instead of just adding more and more pie charts to the same page, you could opt for a selector to choose which libraries or content types to display graphs for.

yeah if music was added then it would be over crowded, I think you are correct that a new approach would be needed, I will have a think about that.

Edited by TeamB, 12 June 2019 - 05:31 AM.

#124 darkassassin07 OFFLINE  

darkassassin07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • Local time: 01:25 PM

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:33 AM

The "User Playback History" report page aggregates all the time an item played over that day so there is no real start time.

That makes sense.

I personally would like to know the initial start time of a piece of media and that's the first place I have been going to see specific user activity, mainly because I'm on mobile most of the time when I'm looking at this data, and selecting stuff on the graphs isnt always easy there. The vast majority of the time the very first start time that day would be accurate enough for me, but I could see how multiple plays of the same media could make that too inaccurate for some.

Thanks for at least thinking about my point of view :)

Edited by darkassassin07, 12 June 2019 - 06:43 AM.

#125 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:40 AM

New Version 1.4.14.0

- Added notifications for user activity and new media
- Added schedules to trigger notification reports

The new notifications can be used to get a daily report via your favorite notification system (see Notifications plugins) for user playback activity and also for new media added to the system.

The user playback activity report notification is aimed at admins that want to keep a track of what is happening on their systems every day but do not or can not log into the web interface each day to check.

The new media report notification is to allow general users of the system to see a daily report of what has been added. At the moment only Movies and Episodes are supported.

These notifications combined with the Email notification plugin are a good way of keeping up to date with what is going on without having to log on every day to check.
  • horstepipe, bgx and neik like this

#126 horstepipe OFFLINE  

horstepipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1449 posts
  • Local time: 10:25 PM

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:05 AM

Thank you very much for your work!
Would it be possible to customize the notifications so it shows the library name content has been added to?
E.g.
„Dragonball S01E01 has been added to Animes“
where „Animes“ is the name of the specific tv shows library.

I’m missing this feature since I’m using Emby in the native new content notification system.

#127 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:12 PM

I can look into it, I don't know if the library an item is in is available via the actual item itself but I should be able to query each view for new content and report it that way.

Edited by TeamB, 16 June 2019 - 05:14 PM.

• horstepipe likes this

#128 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:41 PM

New Version 1.4.16.0
- Use library names as headings for new content report notifications
  • horstepipe likes this

#129 horstepipe OFFLINE  

horstepipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1449 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

hey

I'm just trying out the new new content notification. At the moment I don't have added anything since the last 24 hours, but the notification triggers anyway. It shows up very recent episodes which are not in my library, guess these are those "virtual episodes" created by Emby.

Would be nice if you could look into it.

Thank you very much and best regards

Edited by horstepipe, 19 June 2019 - 09:13 AM.

#130 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:01 PM

What version are you using, there was a recent fix for this issue.

EDIT:
If it is still happening in the latest version let me know

Edited by TeamB, 19 June 2019 - 08:56 PM.

• horstepipe likes this

#131 jaycedk OFFLINE  

jaycedk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

I have no clue where this is from.

Got it in an email, to day.

Only have notifications enabled from this addon.

Trim Db failed

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.Execute(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RunInTransaction[T](IDatabaseConnection This, Func`2 f, TransactionMode mode)
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RunInTransaction(IDatabaseConnection This, Action`1 action, TransactionMode mode)
   at playback_reporting.Data.ActivityRepository.DeleteOldData(Nullable`1 del_before)
   at playback_reporting.TaskCleanDb.<Execute>b__17_0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at playback_reporting.TaskCleanDb.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

#132 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

thanks, I will look into it

#133 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:18 PM

New version: 1.4.18.0

- fix for some DB locking issues

#134 Diedrich OFFLINE  

Diedrich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Local time: 04:25 PM

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

@TeamB Is it possible to see a list of episodes and movies that have been marked as watched by a user? I have a user who only downloads and will then mark the episode as Watched so that I can then delete it. Emby Stats is no longer working on my machine but it had this capability.

#135 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:42 AM

This addon is not really a media reporting addon, it tracks and reports user interaction action with media but not media stats.

I asked @Luke a while ago about sending download events the same as play events so I can track them, he said it was coming in a revamp but not there yet.

When I can receive download events the same like play events then the plugin will be able to track user downloads.

• Diedrich likes this

#136 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131280 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:09 AM

This addon is not really a media reporting addon, it tracks and reports user interaction action with media but not media stats.

I asked @Luke a while ago about sending download events the same as play events so I can track them, he said it was coming in a revamp but not there yet.

When I can receive download events the same like play events then the plugin will be able to track user downloads.

Do you mean events for plugins, or for api users?

#137 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:17 AM

At the moment the plugin can not monitor when a user downloads to watch an item offline. I remember you mentioning somewhere that you were revamping the events and that user download events were going to be send just like ply events are sent now.

The ask is to track download counts, at the moment the plugin does not have access to when users download media.

#138 Diedrich OFFLINE  

Diedrich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:47 AM

The ask is to track download counts, at the moment the plugin does not have access to when users download media.

Kinda. The original request was to show a list of recently played episodes. My user downloads and then marks the episode or movie as watched. If I was able to see a list of watched episodes, that would be extremely helpful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

#139 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5619 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:33 AM

ok point taken, the original ask was not in the scope of the plugin so I was looking at using the download to at least be able to count the download.

Thinking about this more I don't think that is appropriate either as a download does not have a playback session associated with it.

#140 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131280 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:38 PM

At the moment the plugin can not monitor when a user downloads to watch an item offline. I remember you mentioning somewhere that you were revamping the events and that user download events were going to be send just like ply events are sent now.

Ok, I can add something. Thanks.

• Floflobel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users