• LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

What table did you drop?

Do another

SELECT name FROM sqlite_master

to see if you still have your backup table, if so just do the

INSERT INTO PlaybackActivity SELECT *, 0 FROM PlaybackActivity_<TIME STAMP>

again.

Pm me your zipped unaltered backup file and I will have a look.

@TeamB A few hours after I posted I managed to restore the playback history using the SQL approach. On previous attempts, executing the SELECT command came back with a PlaybackActivity backup table that had no time stamp. Executing the INSERT INTO script did nothing. I played a couple of videos and then tried again. This time a backup table with a time stamp was listed. Importing it restored the database with the full playback history.

Its kind of a moot point now. When I woke up this morning, I found that the "Playback Reporting" plugin had been updated to version 1.4.11. The release notes identify that it is not compatible with Beta versions of Emby, which is the release channel I am on. So now there is no longer a "Playback Reporting" option listed in the side menu. I went to the plugin catalog to rollback to an older version of the plugin. But the most recent version other than 1.4.11 is 1.3.2.0. Is there somewhere I can get the 1.4.10 version? And is there a way I can stop Emby from reinstalling the 1.4.11 version after rolling back?

Nevermind. I just read your post to @Happy2Play where you state "Perhaps I need to look into having the plugin not load if it detects the server is BETA." I suspect that is what the 1.4.11 release was intended to do. Which kind of sucks. I purposely stuck with the 4.2.0.5 beta version of Emby to keep the "Playback Reporting" plugin functionality. It worked fine on that version. I understand your decision though.

Edited by DarWun, 25 May 2019 - 01:05 PM.

#102 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 14742 posts
  • Local time: 05:34 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:09 PM

@TeamB A few hours after I posted I managed to restore the playback history using the SQL approach. On previous attempts, executing the SELECT command came back with a PlaybackActivity backup table that had no time stamp. Executing the INSERT INTO script did nothing. I played a couple of videos and then tried again. This time a backup table with a time stamp was listed. Importing it restored the database with the full playback history.

Its kind of a moot point now. When I woke up this morning, I found that the "Playback Reporting" plugin had been updated to version 1.4.11. The release notes identify that it is not compatible with Beta versions of Emby, which is the release channel I am on. So now there is no longer a "Playback Reporting" option listed in the side menu. I went to the plugin catalog to rollback to an older version of the plugin. But the most recent version other than 1.4.11 is 1.3.2.0. Is there somewhere I can get the 1.4.10 version? And is there a way I can stop Emby from reinstalling the 1.4.11 version after rolling back?

Nevermind. I just read your post to @Happy2Play where you state "Perhaps I need to look into having the plugin not load if it detects the server is BETA." I suspect that is what the 1.4.11 release was intended to do. Which kind of sucks. I purposely stuck with the 4.2.0.5 beta version of Emby to keep the "Playback Reporting" plugin functionality. It worked fine on that version. I understand your decision though.

Do you use the Server Configuration Backup plugin?  If so you may have the previous version in your backups.  But no you can not stop Emby from updating the plug in as the update task is hidden now and you would stop all plugin updates.  Also it is how this plugin do versions as there appears to be only one release to cover stable and beta (but I could be wrong).  You can use the api to lookup this task and change its set trigger if you like.  

If you do not have 1.4.10.0, I have it in my backups.

• DarWun likes this

#103 DarWun OFFLINE  

DarWun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 AM

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

Do you use the Server Configuration Backup plugin?  If so you may have the previous version in your backups.  But no you can not stop Emby from updating the plug in as the update task is hidden now and you would stop all plugin updates.  Also it is how this plugin do versions as there appears to be only one release to cover stable and beta (but I could be wrong).  You can use the api to lookup this task and change its set trigger if you like.  

If you do not have 1.4.10.0, I have it in my backups.

Thanks @Happy2Play. I did have a Server Configuration Backup from a few days ago when the 1.4.09 version of the "Playback Reporting" plugin was installed. I pulled the .dll for the plugin from the backup and used it to replace the 1.4.11 version that Emby keeps reinstalling. So far so good. I just have to remember not to reboot Emby without copying the 1.4.09 .dll back into the plugin folder after Emby updates to 1.4.11.

• Happy2Play likes this

#104 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5644 posts
  • Local time: 10:34 PM

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

That is weird, my understanding is that the plugin should not work at all with beta server 4.2

Edit:

Oh I see, you stopped at the last beta version that worked 4.2.0.5

I will be looking at this soon.

Edited by TeamB, 25 May 2019 - 07:37 PM.

#105 DarWun OFFLINE  

DarWun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:42 PM

That is weird, my understanding is that the plugin should not work at all with beta server 4.2

Hi @TeamB. For me it only stopped working for Beta versions past 4.2.0.5. Although things went a little wonky on that beta version after updating to plugin version 1.4.10, it was only because I screwed up the playback history update using SQL the first time around. Eventually I muddled through that and managed to get the playback history restored. But the update to 1.4.11 undid that victory ;-)

#106 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5644 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:05 PM

I have released a version that is compatible with Server Beta 4.2

Version 1.5.1.0

- add compatibility to Server Beta 4.2

• DarWun, SeanM, bgx and 1 other like this

#107 tvmagic.ch OFFLINE  

tvmagic.ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Local time: 02:34 PM

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:43 AM

Version 1.5.1.0

Perfect! Thanks a lot! It's working!

#108 bgx OFFLINE  

bgx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:42 AM

Version 1.5.1.0

Great! Thank you it's working!

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

#109 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:39 AM

Version 1.5.1.0

Thank you very much ! Such a great plugin, keep up the good job :)

#110 DarWun OFFLINE  

DarWun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

Version 1.5.1.0

That's weird. I'm not seeing it. Using Emby Beta 4.2.0.5, Version 1.4.11 is still the most recent version of the "Playback Reporting" plugin in the plugin catalog.

#111 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5644 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

I put a min server version of 4.2.0.6 on the package.

Install the latest beta and it should then show up.

#112 DarWun OFFLINE  

DarWun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:30 PM

I put a min server version of 4.2.0.6 on the package.

Install the latest beta and it should then show up.

Thanks @TeamB. That's what I figured. I'm running Emby on the Synology platform, and 4.2.0.5 is the most recent beta version officially available. There's been nothing posted in the forums as to why a more recent version isn't being offered. But in the past when newer versions haven't been uploaded it's because there is a compatibility issue with the platform (or the developer is taking some well deserved time off ;-) ). Although technically not supported, I can update to a newer version manually. Hopefully that won't introduce any other weirdness.

#113 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5644 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

I lowered it to 4.2.0.5 try again

• DarWun likes this

#114 DarWun OFFLINE  

DarWun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

I lowered it to 4.2.0.5 try again

Thanks @TeamB!!! It showed up and installed. After updating the PlayActivity data table using SQL, everything is back to normal.

Cheers,

DarWun

#115 Floflobel OFFLINE  

Floflobel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

you are correct, in a recent release this was changed.

Since this change I have graphics completely incoherent, I have 9 hours of videos for a user on pause who has only looked at 45 minutes, I find it really absurd graphics no longer make sense ...
Will you stay in this mode now?

I tried to read my logs about the problem of 20 seconds and see the code of the plugin to understand but I do not have the skills to understand everything ...

Edited by Floflobel, 28 May 2019 - 12:38 PM.

#116 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5644 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:35 PM

Since this change I have graphics completely incoherent, I have 9 hours of videos for a user on pause who has only looked at 45 minutes, I find it really absurd graphics no longer make sense ...
Will you stay in this mode now?

I tried to read my logs about the problem of 20 seconds and see the code of the plugin to understand but I do not have the skills to understand everything ...

Yes I am working on a fix for this now, the recent schema change that required a data reload was due to the fix for play and paused duration being tracked separately.

#117 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5644 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:55 AM

The latest version 1.4.13.0 now takes into account paused time when reporting playback duration.

If you see weird durations in recent playback items you may need to run this in the query tab

UPDATE PlaybackActivity SET PauseDuration = 0 WHERE PauseDuration is null

Edited by TeamB, 29 May 2019 - 12:56 AM.

#118 Floflobel OFFLINE  

Floflobel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:59 AM

The latest version 1.4.13.0 now takes into account paused time when reporting playback duration.

If you see weird durations in recent playback items you may need to run this in the query tab

Indeed everything is back in order, thank you very much for your responsiveness!

#119 tvmagic.ch OFFLINE  

tvmagic.ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:58 AM

Indeed everything is back in order, thank you very much for your responsiveness!

is the new beta version of emby 4.2.0.14 also compatible with the playback reporting plugin?

#120 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5644 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:06 AM

is the new beta version of emby 4.2.0.14 also compatible with the playback reporting plugin?

Yes, there is a 1.5 version of the plugin for the beta server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users