Fine tuning transcoding for Fire TV Stick

rmich

rmich

My Fire TV happens to support h265 encoded videos just fine, even in high bitrates, but it cannot deal with h265 10bit. The Emby app for the Fire TV handles this perfectly - it direct plays the 8bit h265, but will auto transcode 10bit h265 to h264. Now with Emby for Kodi, if I activate "transcode h265/HEVC", it will transcode both 8bit and 10bit h265. If I deactivate that, it will direct play 8bit and hang on 10bit h265. "Transcode Hi10P" doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is there any way to make Emby for Kodi transcode only 10bit h265, but still direct play 8bit h265?

Angelblue05

@@rmich

Can you try with the latest add-on beta 4.0.17a? Does the issue persists if you disable transcode h265 and enable HI10P?

• Like 1

rmich

@@Angelblue05, tried with 4.0.18a, unfortunately same issue - Kodi still tries to direct play my 10bit h265 files. Would it help if I provided a sample video file?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Angelblue05, tried with 4.0.18a, unfortunately same issue - Kodi still tries to direct play my 10bit h265 files. Would it help if I provided a sample video file?

Yes that would be great. And can you provide an updated Kodi log, please first update to 4.0.20 if you haven’t yet.

rmich

Just sent a link to sample video per pm, will look into obtaining a log later this week. Thanks again for looking into this!

Angelblue05

This will be resolved with the next beta version. Thanks again for the sample.