Problems with Playback of DD+

IceBoosteR

Sorry, I'm not sure what to do other than transcode them.  I have a number of items with DD+ soundtracks though that play fine.  I think maybe it is only 7.1...

• 3 weeks later...
Yog-Sothoth

Sorry, I'm not sure what to do other than transcode them.  I have a number of items with DD+ soundtracks though that play fine.  I think maybe it is only 7.1...

Any solution? I have the same problem and I put the beta version of SHIELD... With KODI, no problem...

Any solution? I have the same problem and I put the beta version of SHIELD... With KODI, no problem...

@@Yog-Sothoth can you please go over an example? thanks !

BillOatman

same problem here with all DD+ Movies. 

When i use alternate player vlc or mx there is no stutter. 

Exoplayer problem

If that's the thought, and it does seem plausible, maybe checking with the players devs might make sense.

And I'll also be "that guy" :)  From the exoplayer site

The FFmpeg extension supports decoding a variety of different audio sample formats. You can choose which decoders to include by passing command line arguments to FFmpeg’s configure script:

TrueHD –enable-decoder=mlp –enable-decoder=truehd

Edited by BillOatman

If that's the thought, and it does seem plausible, maybe checking with the players devs might make sense.

I have to try and pull together an example and see if it can be reproduced with their demo app before consulting them.

And I'll also be "that guy" :)  From the exoplayer site

This isn't really relevant to this situation as we are passing thru this codec for outbound processing by a receiver - not using the ffmpeg extension for software decoding.

@@Yog-Sothoth can you please go over an example? thanks !

I think we fully understand the issue at this point.  It can be reproduced but only with certain content.

I tried it allready, but the problem is not solved on my shield.

Only playing this files in Kodi solved the problem. So I think its not shield problem.

@@mikeB2210 I just want to confirm that you were running the experimental Shield firmware image you have to request from Nvidia directly - the one that fixes the other stuttering problems.

Thanks.

mikeB2210

@@ebr

have just played a movie with dd + 7.1 with the current 1.7.33g. the jerking is gone, but only 5.1 channels are played as sound.

Correct.  That is the workaround until we can get with Google to try and find out what the problem is.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
mikeB2210

Correct.  That is the workaround until we can get with Google to try and find out what the problem is.

Thanks.

Any news solving this DD+ problem??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
mikeB2210

Good news ;-)

The new Shield Pro 2019 plays DD+ 7.1 Sound without stuttering. I don‘t know if this problem is solved with new hardware or the firmware 8.1 solved the problem.

Edited by mikeB2210

Good news ;-)

The new Shield Pro 2019 plays DD+ 7.1 Sound without stuttering. I don‘t know if this problem is solved with new hardware or the firmware 8.1 solved the problem.

How did you determine this?

mikeB2210

I can play the files, that doesn‘t play well in DD+ 7.1 with the old shield, with the new shield pro without problems.

DD+ 7.1 works

Edited by mikeB2210

I can play the files, that doesn‘t play well in DD+ 7.1 with the old shield, with the new shield pro without problems.

DD+ 7.1 works

In what app?

Our app is compensating for this problem in the Shield and I recently confirmed the issue still exists in 8.1.

what is your mistake?

Product Description says it runs android 9.0 Pie

And i hope very much this works now with this product. i will buy one now.

old shield make problems with DD+. No one movie plays without stutter unless other audio is selected as dd+. (Emby and Plex) Only with Kodi i have no problem.

old shield make problems with DD+. No one movie plays without stutter unless other audio is selected as dd+. (Emby and Plex) Only with Kodi i have no problem.

Hi.  Our app should not stutter with DD+ playback.  If you are having a problem with this, please provide details of an example.

Thanks!

Its the same since my last example in june. 

Every Movie if i play it with DD+ it stutter very mutch. 5-6 seconds for next picture. very out of sync. All other Sound Profiles are ok. AND with Kodi no problem

Example: Captain Marvel

Video Title4K HEVC
CodecHEVC
ProfilMain 10
Level153
Auflösung3840x2160
Seitenverhältnis16:9
AnamorphNo
InterlacedNo
Bildrate23,976
Bitrate54.040 kbps
Video rangeHDR
Color primariesbt2020
Farbraumbt2020nc
Color transfersmpte2084
Pixelformatyuv420p10le
Ref Frames1

Audio TitleGerman Dolby Digital+ 6 ch (Default)
SpracheGerman
CodecEAC3
Kanäle6 ch
Sample-Rate48.000 Hz
VoreinstellungYes

Audio TitleGerman Dolby Digital 5.1
SpracheGerman
CodecAC3
Darstellung5.1
Kanäle6 ch
Bitrate576 kbps
Sample-Rate48.000 Hz