Trailers

Tolerant

On 10/10/2021 at 2:19 AM, Przemek said:

Hi I have Trailer plugin 1.3.0.0 on my Emby and trailers are still the same from few months. There's no updating.

Regards.

We'll take a look at it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

@Luke

Any news on this Luke? The new and Upcoming in Theaters is working, but both the New and Upcoming on Dvd & Blu-ray and New and Upcoming Movies on Netflix are both stuck in 2017 on my setup???

JustEric78

Even though I am sure this is much more difficult to implement than my one sentence request, but how difficult would it be to add a quality request so I can say only play 1080p trailers?

• 4 weeks later...
furrykillswitch

Any update to allowing 1080p trailers? Trailers was one of the leading reasons for using premiere, yet 480p does not come close to being a usable paid feature.

Edited by furrykillswitch

On 12/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, furrykillswitch said:

Any update to allowing 1080p trailers? Trailers was one of the leading reasons for using premiere, yet 480p does not come close to being a usable paid feature.

We'll take another look for potential sources. Thanks.

JustEric78
On 12/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, Luke said:

We'll take another look for potential sources. Thanks.

Luke, as mentioned above and I do not see a reply, trailers are now stuck showing 2017 trailers despite the option of only new and upcoming being selected in the server options. This was fixed for a short period of time, but it looks like that was temporary. 

Trailer options.jpg

57 minutes ago, JustEric78 said:

Luke, as mentioned above and I do not see a reply, trailers are now stuck showing 2017 trailers despite the option of only new and upcoming being selected in the server options. This was fixed for a short period of time, but it looks like that was temporary. 

Trailer options.jpg

Hi.  I'm seeing recent entries.  What version of the server are you running?

image.png

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Is this still broken?

Hi there, can you please describe the issue that you're having? thanks.

JustEric78
5 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Is this still broken?

Yes it is still broken for me at least. After a clean server restart I get the cinema intro, but I do not get any trailers on the web or on the Shield pro. I have not however, checked to see if the trailers are being updated appropriately since they do not work anyway. I think this is a minor problem that has been put on the back burner by the Emby team. 

mike3821
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe the issue that you're having? thanks.

Don’t see any upcoming content for Netflix or DVD.

also, when going into my movies and clicking on trailers there is very little content.

7 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Don’t see any upcoming content for Netflix or DVD.

also, when going into my movies and clicking on trailers there is very little content.

We'll take a look at it. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, JustEric78 said:

That is the ongoing response on this topic Mike fyi, sorry man. 

There are limited sources available for this. We'll take another look at it and drop the empty sections if we're not able to find available sources. Thanks.

JustEric78

Not a problem Luke, all good brotha I completely understand. I am sure this feature is not used too much, I have a dedicated space and am probably niche in enjoying having new trailers.

mike3821

I think personally the whole thing can be dropped. Plugin trailers and category all together.

As long as we can click on a movie and watch a trailer for the movie we own, that’s all that is needed.

I much rather see more resources and time dedicated to other areas.

Edited by mike3821
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Gods

I know there is trailers for upcoming movies in theaters and for Netflix what about Amazon Prime, Disney, Apple and other streaming platforms?  I brought this up with vantage point and it still seems like the trailers for that are only active when the trailers plugin that you have is running.  But is there a way to allow us to choose better quality of trailers like 4k, 4k HDR, 4k Dolby Vision?  Can this be implemented in an upcoming update?  Even just getting basic 4k tailers would be a big leap on some of the quality of the others.  Thank you for any help you can provide

5 hours ago, Gods said:

I know there is trailers for upcoming movies in theaters and for Netflix what about Amazon Prime, Disney, Apple and other streaming platforms?  I brought this up with vantage point and it still seems like the trailers for that are only active when the trailers plugin that you have is running.  But is there a way to allow us to choose better quality of trailers like 4k, 4k HDR, 4k Dolby Vision?  Can this be implemented in an upcoming update?  Even just getting basic 4k tailers would be a big leap on some of the quality of the others.  Thank you for any help you can provide

hi, its one bucket for upcoming to streaming. We'll have to see if there's a trailer source available that can provide that level of detail.

mike3821
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

hi, its one bucket for upcoming to streaming. We'll have to see if there's a trailer source available that can provide that level of detail.

How often do movie trailers updated?

27 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

How often do movie trailers updated?

Generally once per month.