HDHomerun not playable anymore

Pain
Go to solution Solved by Pain,

Seems since the last server update I have been having problems with remote users watching movies. Locking up all the time where its not watchable. Attached are the logs. Can you please take a look? Thank you!

Log.txt

ffmpeg.txt

All my movies are MKV. They are trying to watch a movie tonight called destroyer. Keep locking up and was unwatchable.

All my movies are MKV. They are trying to watch a movie tonight called destroyer. Keep locking up and was unwatchable.

The example ffmpeg log was a .ts file.

Hi yes he is having troubles. Just random buffering throughout the movies.. Here is another log while he is watching the movie. He is using a Firestick...

ffmpeg.txt

Looks like the quality setting is around 3 mbps. can you try lowering it a little? Thanks.

Pain

HDHomerun has been working great from day 1. Now in the last few Emby updates I have been having problems with it pixelating and freezing to where its not playable, I have changed the quality to 1MBs to 100 with no changes. This only happens when I watch HDHomerun thru Emby it works fine using the HDHomerun app... All channels have this problem with HDHomerun, the IPTV seems to be working good..

Also in this same log you will see a user trying to watch a movie called John Carter and he was unable to watch it, same issue freezing and locking up. Yes he has changed the quality to 1 MBs to 100 with no changes. Please look closely thru the logs and see whats causing the problems thank you.

Log.txt

ffmpeg.txt

Edited by Pain

Hi there, are you sure the log is from hd homerun? it looks like like an internet stream. Thanks.

Pain

The HDHomerun was streaming while I took the log, also a show was recording and I was streaming an IPTV show all local while my brother was streaming from me remotely trying to watch a show John Carter. I talked to him today and he said that one movie John Carter was freezing up ever few seconds, he said he switched to another movie and had no problems. So I tried the movie John Carter and had no problems. Also today the HDHomerun seems fine, this has happen before and in the evening while everyone is on it seems to lag, freeze and lock up and pixelate. Thanks for any help!

Pain

@@Luke my brother can not stream from me at all. It keeps buffering bad to the point its not watchable.. Can you please look at the log file and get back to me? Thanks

Pain

@@Luke Ill have to get back to you with a log while my brother watches. But I have a log from me trying to watch TV HDhomerun. I turned down the quality to 1.5 mbs and it only made things worst not to mention the quality is not good on that setting. In this log there is the HDhomerun and a IPTV streaming from Emby. The IPTV is working ok but HDhomerun is choppy real bad. Thank you

ffmpeg.txt

Edited by Pain

If you'd like to try the beta release, it has new ffmpeg builds. There's always a chance it will make a difference. thanks.

Pain

I don't want to run beta server if its not stable. How long til that build is released to the public? Thank you @@Luke

Pain

I've come to the conclusion that I cannot watch hdhomerun through emby while somebody is streaming IPTV at the same time. If I cancel the IPTV hdhomerun works fine. This was never an issue before until recently.

It's possible the updated ffmpeg build in the next release will make a difference. Thanks.

Pain

Actually my HDhomerun went out/stopped working. I have a replacement coming today. I'm hopping that was the issue.. Ill report back...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
Pain

Yeah ever since I replace hdhomerun I haven't had any problems with buffering or pixelating.

• Like 1