Upgraded from MB2, where are the actor's images now stored?

davesurfer

davesurfer

Just upgraded from MB2 to MBC. I stored my actors images in a folder called MediaBrowserData/ImagesByName/People and put it on a separate drive for easier backup and management. Where is the new location for this? When I load MBC all the actor's images are not there. I modified the MediaBrowserXml.config file last time but there is no config file any more. Or where is it?

Thanks!

Edited by davesurfer

techywarrior

Go to the web client, go to settings, Advanced. Then click on the Paths tab.

All the customizable locations are there. You can then point the IBN path to the one you have created.

• Like 1

davesurfer

You are awesome! Thanks! Ok, do I select the "ImagesByName" folder or the "ImagesByName\People" folder?

techywarrior

I believe the ImagesByName folder since the path is for the entire IBN folder. But I use the default locations so I don't know 100%.

davesurfer

I believe the ImagesByName folder since the path is for the entire IBN folder. But I use the default locations so I don't know 100%.

Yeah that makes sense, but I've tried both paths and they actors images don't show up. Does this take time, refresh somehow? I've closed and re-opened MBC a few times.

techywarrior

May need to get a response from Ebr or someone else who uses a custom IBN location. First thing I would try would be to go to the web client, Click Scheduled Tasks and then click the little "play" button on the Refresh People task.

davesurfer

May need to get a response from Ebr or someone else who uses a custom IBN location. First thing I would try would be to go to the web client, Click Scheduled Tasks and then click the little "play" button on the Refresh People task.

Hey I didn't see that option, I did but it still doesn't display them in MBC. I could always move them to the new default location, where is the IBN folder stored by default?

davesurfer

\Users\{user-name}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

Accck! Ok, thanks. But I see why when I pointed to my old folders it didn't work. Now the new IBN People folder has individual folders for each letter of the alphabet instead of just having the actor's in their own folders. Crap, I'm going to have to sort through and move them into their own letters.

Edited by davesurfer

davesurfer

Accck! Ok, thanks. But I see why when I pointed to my old folders it didn't work. Now the new IBN People folder has individual folders for each letter of the alphabet instead of just having the actor's in their own folders. Crap, I'm going to have to sort through and move them into their own letters.

Huh, crazy, I guess the old folder had A, B, C etc. folders as well, but I had actor's folders outside of those folders, just in the root. I guess that's what MetaBrowser did.

davesurfer

Looks like I'll have to move each of them into their corresponding alphabet folders for MBC to see them. Now I have to figure out how to tell Metabrowser to change where it saves the actor's photos...

LOL looks like I'm answering my own questions. I just select the  "Enable people prefix sub folders (Media Browser 3) option in MediaBrowser Options in MetaBrowser settings.

Edited by davesurfer

AdrianW

Looks like I'll have to move each of them into their corresponding alphabet folders for MBC to see them. Now I have to figure out how to tell Metabrowser to change where it saves the actor's photos...

Metabrowser - Settings > Movies > Savers > Media Browser Saver (cog icon) > General - then tick "Enable people prefix sub folders".

You can then click the "Convert" button which should move the people folders into the letter folders for you.

davesurfer

Metabrowser - Settings > Movies > Savers > Media Browser Saver (cog icon) > General - then tick "Enable people prefix sub folders".

You can then click the "Convert" button which should move the people folders into the letter folders for you.

LOL thanks! I had figured it out when playing around with the settings. That's a useful button that convert, I should've looked back here first to see your response before manually moving the actors folders into the alphabet folders LOL! phew.