Constant pausing or buffering

TetraHC

TetraHC

So I switched from Plex a while back as I prefer the way Emby handles my media and the plugins.  But no matter what setting I pick I can not get stable playback of anything remotely.  My internet connection is 400mbps/40mbps so that shouldn't be the problem.  When playing from within the network with the windows server I have no issues and can play back anything in full quality.  But when streaming it will only play for anywhere from a couple seconds to maybe a minute before it pauses, then continues.  The pauses may be a second or 2 or may be 10 or so seconds.  Regardless of how low I turn the settings it will not play without pausing.  For music it is the same.  It doesn't mater if I set it to 2mbps, 320kbps or auto.  It is the same result.  I want to continue paying to support the project but it has basically been unusable for me since I got it.  I should note that chrome playback on my phone is maybe a little bit better than the app, but it still does the same thing.  My phone is an LG V20.

darkassassin07

To be clear, you have 40mb/s internet upload speed on the server itself?

How about the download speed for the device thats outside the servers lan trying to stream?

You will need both decent upload speeds on the server and decent download speed on the client.

TetraHC

I think this is the log you need.  I tried starting playback of an album at 2:29ish and about 30sec into the song the pausing started, I tried to pause for a few seconds then replay and it did the same thing.  I did this from Chrome Android.  Then I tried to play a movie from the Android App.  Same issue but much more pausing.

As for my internet.  Yes 40mbps up on the server.  The phone I was trying with was just connected to 4g, not wifi as it would be in network.  But this playback occurs no matter the network the device is on.  I can play HD youtube, and Netflix on 4g with no problem.  I only had the video bit rate set to 4mbps for this attempt and music was auto and said direct play.  It was a 24-96 flac file.

Log.txt

Edited by TetraHC

Hi there, are you sure this is the right log? I don't see any playback activity during the time of this server log. thanks !