End User Experience for FireTv/Stick users after server upgrade

hooray4me

hooray4me

On any major or minor server update, ie (3.x to 4x. or 4.0.x to 4.1.x) our remote users have to remove their configuration (reset cache and data) and re-enter the server information on fire sticks and fire tvs. Otherwise they are unable to login. This has been the case for the last couple years on emby. I've validated this on several of our emby systems (we have several servers). Any ideas? I've filed a bug here

I apologize for the disruption. How are these users connecting?

hooray4me

on firetv's and firetv sticks... it's a pain to have to walk your parents thru removing and re-adding the server. I even made a pdf guide for them... 

hooray4me

No, we don't use emby connect. We keep everything in house.

Ok, I apologize as this was not intended. We will try to chase down why this happened. Thanks. @@ebr

I'm not sure what could be going on here as I've never experienced this on a version upgrade and I don't think most do (at least they don't report it if they do).

Is it possible that the IP address or some other network configuration is changing on these version changes?

hooray4me

ip addresses and infrastructure stay the same. Internal devices haven't been affected recently, though they used to... experience is same on multiple servers.

If it happens again, before you correct it can you please send a log from the app?  There will be a button right there on the login screen to do that.

Thanks.