After upgrade to 4.1.1.0, subtitles are on top (web) Chrome 74 issue

rafinha

No, it's actually due to the Chromium 74 update. Still looking at why and how to prevent it.

• Like 1

raffiq78

Hello everyone.

Today I started the movie and strange thing happened.

The subtitles started to show up on the upper side of the screen. After a lot of settings changes I found out that the problem is only with Normal Size subtitles and only on Chrome.

When I change the subtitles size to any other than Normal everything is OK.

I tried going back to 4.0.2.0 then back to 4.1.1.0, reset Chrome to factory settings without result. 

Any suggestions ?

@@raffiq78

5ccca729bd22a_subtitles.jpg

CarlosLima

This is a problem with Chrome 74x only
At the moment, the major or minor legend is the only solution
A new chrome update might fix this bug

Elektron

Recently when i try to watch a movie or an episode on emby web app subtitles position is on the top of the screen and I don't know how it happend nor how to position them back at the bottom...

@@Elektron

Happy2Play

Recently when i try to watch a movie or an episode on emby web app subtitles position is on the top of the screen and I don't know how it happend nor how to position them back at the bottom...

I merged your top as there are several about this issue.  It is a issue in Chrome 74 and the is being monitored for a resolution.  Current workaround is a different browser or temporarily adjusting font text size.

or here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72967-emby-web-app-stops-showing-subtitles-in-newest-google-chrome/

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

RobbyBobby

Just sharing: I'm checking out the Brave Browser on Mac -- Version 0.63.55 Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) -- which is another Chromium browser and increasing the subtitle font size fixed it. 

Weird though. 

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Can everyone verify Chrome 75 has resolved this issue.