Album art not updating

RedKong

Vienna

Hi @Luke,

I actually thought I had it working for a little while (basically had just overlooked the track multi-select > refresh metadata ability. I thought the only way was to actually edit the image and upload a new image one-at-a-time per track).

That now seems to be not working every time, either. Here is an example:

The track art shows like this when playing (image is 900x900):

image.thumb.png.c2278bab7d65e5eba28b8b48e68b69cb.png

In Mp3tag I change the track art to a new image (just for the sake of this example I'm using a "worse" image, usually I'm trying to do the reverse and change the album art to an improved/higher rez image). Now that the 400x400 washed out image is embedded, it displays like that when playing in other apps such as iTunes.

image.png.e5d8fd8b7d19c9d63bbf8766d314b21a.png

Back on Emby, for the same track from the first screenshot, I select the track > Refresh Metadata > Replace all metadata ("Replace existing images" checked) > Refresh

Then I give it a couple minutes and attempt playing the track again. The "old" image from the first screenshot is still there when playing the track (i.e. the screenshot at this point would be identical to the first one I provided). Going into the track menu > edit images also confirms that it is the original image, not the washed out 400x400 one.

image.png.e4c2c5640e4b654ca0964cc55231d630.png

So at this point seemingly the only way to update the image would be to trash this one and upload the new one. However, that method requires clicking into "edit images" for each individual track. 

Hopefully that makes sense, let me know if there is a better way to show the example since I don't think this would appear in the logs. Again, is has worked before this way but not consistently, as I've just tried it with the tracks from the above album several times (also removed it from my library path and re-added) but it does not update to any other image than that initial one. 

On 7/8/2022 at 6:07 PM, Vienna said:

Hi @Luke,

I actually thought I had it working for a little while (basically had just overlooked the track multi-select > refresh metadata ability. I thought the only way was to actually edit the image and upload a new image one-at-a-time per track).

That now seems to be not working every time, either. Here is an example:

The track art shows like this when playing (image is 900x900):

image.thumb.png.c2278bab7d65e5eba28b8b48e68b69cb.png

In Mp3tag I change the track art to a new image (just for the sake of this example I'm using a "worse" image, usually I'm trying to do the reverse and change the album art to an improved/higher rez image). Now that the 400x400 washed out image is embedded, it displays like that when playing in other apps such as iTunes.

image.png.e5d8fd8b7d19c9d63bbf8766d314b21a.png

Back on Emby, for the same track from the first screenshot, I select the track > Refresh Metadata > Replace all metadata ("Replace existing images" checked) > Refresh

Then I give it a couple minutes and attempt playing the track again. The "old" image from the first screenshot is still there when playing the track (i.e. the screenshot at this point would be identical to the first one I provided). Going into the track menu > edit images also confirms that it is the original image, not the washed out 400x400 one.

image.png.e4c2c5640e4b654ca0964cc55231d630.png

So at this point seemingly the only way to update the image would be to trash this one and upload the new one. However, that method requires clicking into "edit images" for each individual track. 

Hopefully that makes sense, let me know if there is a better way to show the example since I don't think this would appear in the logs. Again, is has worked before this way but not consistently, as I've just tried it with the tracks from the above album several times (also removed it from my library path and re-added) but it does not update to any other image than that initial one. 

@Vienna I just tested this and the image changed just fine without any problems. Here are my possible guesses as to your issue:

• refreshing the metadata hadn't completed yet, or it was done on something else even though you thought it was the track
  • you have the image extractor disabled in your music library options

I would suggest giving it another try.

Vienna
On 7/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, Luke said:

@Vienna I just tested this and the image changed just fine without any problems. Here are my possible guesses as to your issue:

• refreshing the metadata hadn't completed yet, or it was done on something else even though you thought it was the track
  • you have the image extractor disabled in your music library options

I would suggest giving it another try.

Hi @Luke,

I think I'm all good again, I tried my above example and this time it worked. Basically seems like I just need to give it more time, trying to do refresh/replace multiple times in a row causes it to not take. I tried a couple other seemingly stubborn ones after a day or so and they all updated. Fine by me!

Thank you for the help.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, Vienna said:

Hi @Luke,

I think I'm all good again, I tried my above example and this time it worked. Basically seems like I just need to give it more time, trying to do refresh/replace multiple times in a row causes it to not take. I tried a couple other seemingly stubborn ones after a day or so and they all updated. Fine by me!

Thank you for the help.

Yes this is the key as rapidly updating an item does not always do what you expect it to.

• Thanks 1