temporary conversion before download

AL_25
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello,

it could be great to have the possibility to convert (temporary, not definitly) a file to a lower bitrate before downloading it.
Could be useful when the internet speed is too slow or when your are limited in  the number of Gb you can download and you doesn't want to manage multiple version of each media using the convert feature already existing as its' only for a specific and temporary need.

Kr,

Hi.  You can already do this.  When you download something, you select the bitrate you wish to convert it to.

Hi,

Hummm,curious,when i try to download a tv episode,it directly download the original file without asking mefor any conversion!

is there any option to activate/configuration to do to allow the conversion before downloading?

GrimReaper

Hi,

Hummm,curious,when i try to download a tv episode,it directly download the original file without asking mefor any conversion!

is there any option to activate/configuration to do to allow the conversion before downloading?

Hm, I'd guess you're referring to downloads through web-browser in which case, true, you ain't getting any conversion options as it's your browser that handles the download, not Emby? Edited by GrimReaper76

• Solution

When you use the download feature in the browser, it downloads the original file. When you download using a mobile app such as android or iOS, then you get options for conversion.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
AL_25

Hm, I'd guess you're referring to downloads through web-browser in which case, true, you ain't getting any conversion options as it's your browser that handles the download, not Emby?

Hello,

Correct, thx for the reply, tried trough the android app and it works like a charm

AL_25

When you use the download feature in the browser, it downloads the original file. When you download using a mobile app such as android or iOS, then you get options for conversion.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

thx luke, Any possibility to add the same option for conversion in the browser in a future release ?

Edited by AL_25