Live TV Help

Don
Go to solution Solved by mbnwa,

So it's raining here today and I thought I would check out the Live TV. I use an HD Homerun Prime. I have d/l and installed the serverwmc. It is showing 3 available tuners and the guide downloads perfectly. The only problem I am having is when I choose play on any channel (using Chrome) the circle just keeps turning. Nothing ever happens. No live TV. :(

I know I am missing something very simple but....

Any ideas?

mbnwa

Are you running Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Have you tried updating to the latest Beta of HDHomeRun?

I have the same setup granted I use Safari but it works from both the iPad and my desktop I will try on Chrome now

Edit: just tied on Version 34.0.1847.137 of Chrome and it works on my config

Edited by mbnwa

mbnwa

Can you see under stats if the tuner shows up?

Here are some screenshots of my setup and what ServerWMC shows on my system:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/glft1zujmcrh1le/Screenshot%202014-05-17%2009.54.20.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogri2upla3tamb2/Screenshot%202014-05-17%2009.55.04.png

Here is my HDHomeRun Setup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfr2lob5eyeek6n/Screenshot%202014-05-17%2009.57.26.png

When you try to tune into a channel can you have HDHomeRun Config GUI Opened and see if under TunerX  for my example I am playing Discovery Channel from my iPad and my Config GUI shows the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4k1jswi40ayrlm/Screenshot%202014-05-17%2010.00.04.png

Edited by mbnwa

yes. my serverwmc looks almost identical to yours. I just tried with the latest hdhr beta and...no luck. Still the never ending circle.

mbnwa

Ok so if you open up ServerWMC and watch the status screen and the bottom bar "Waiting for Client Request" when you try to play a channel in Chrome does it say something like "Processing Media Browser Request" after that point it looks like it talks to the HDHomeRum and the active stream shows up - If your Firewall is blocking the bi-directional communications from the HDHomeRun it might be the root cause of the time out or non-streaming.

krustyreturns

Is mbs running on same computer as serverwmc?  It its not, you have to share the rec tv folder so that mbs can access it.  If that's not the problem, then post the serverwmc log after a failed attempt to watch a live tv channel.

• Like 1

Okay, here's one thing that may be wrong. I have MBS installed on one pc and serverwmc installed on another. Would that make a difference?

• Solution
mbnwa

Okay, here's one thing that may be wrong. I have MBS installed on one pc and serverwmc installed on another. Would that make a difference?

Ah did not even think to ask that - I have both MBS and ServerWMC on the same server

• Like 1

Awesome! it's working perfectly! Thanks!

Now if this was just available in MBT and if I could edit the channel guide...I would use it all of the time! lol

mbnwa

Well you can edit the channel guide (or at least control what is being presented to ServerWMC) by editing the channels in Windows Media Center - I currently only have my HD channels being pushed out to the server and all NON-HD and non-subscribed channels hidden.

Edited by mbnwa

That's very interesting. How did you do that? The channel editor in wmc seems quite tedious, especially if u have multiple htpc's.

mbnwa

Basically how I have mine setup is I have one server dedicated to this cause it's my MBS, ServerWMC and has access to my recorded tv shows from another media center. The channels that I edit on this one server are only accessible via MB and it's clients all others in the house have a dedicated Ceton quad tuner that is independent of this config.

So from Media Center --> Settings --> TV --> Edit Channels

I used "Clear All" and selected only the channels I wanted to show up and hit save.

At this point restart ServerWMC and go into Media Browser under scheduled tasks and clean tv database and refresh guide 

after that's completed you should only have a guide with the channels you have enabled in WMC

krustyreturns

Its also possible to create a channel group in wmc (in wmc its called a 'favorites' group) and have serverwmc only export that channel group to mbs.  Disclaimer: I have never actually tested it with mbs.

Less drastic:  you can reorder the channels in wmc putting your favorites at the top of the list so they appear on the first page of mbs.