Scanning library folder scans folder immediately above

enqbcvqw

enqbcvqw

I'm using the API to attempt to scan only library folders that have changed. I'm tapping into the plex_autoscan logs to find what's changed on GDrive and use scanned paths there to replicate that on Emby.

I've found what I believe is a bug when scanning movies. Take the following TV scan for instance:

refreshing TV show: /mnt/pcs/TV/TV-Anime/RWBY/Season 04

2019-04-29 18:05:31.861 Info LibraryMonitor: Season 4 (/mnt/pcs/TV/TV-Anime/RWBY/Season 04) will be refreshed.

That's good. It's up to the season folder of a TV show, which would scan a single folder in the entire library.

Now, take this movie scan:

refreshing Movie: /mnt/pcs/Movies/Movies-Archive/Eden Lake (2008)

2019-04-29 18:00:48.633 Info LibraryMonitor: Movies-Archive (/mnt/pcs/Movies/Movies-Archive) will be refreshed.

Both API calls include the full path as you can see above, yet the movie scan started a scan of the entire directory _before_ the movie name, which includes thousands of movies. This defeats the purpose of scanning this way.

API call for the above:

curl -X POST "http://127.0.0.1:8091/emby/Library/Media/Updated?api_key=a51b6799809a47f3ab2bcfa532b44e4c"-H "accept: */*" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{\"Updates\":[{\"Path\":\"/mnt/pcs/Movies/Movies-Archive/Eden Lake (2008)\",\"UpdateType\":\"Movies\"}]}" -D -

Am I doing something wrong?

enqbcvqw

Actually, this is just weird. Here's an example where it did a completely different thing on a TV library:

refreshing TV show: /mnt/pcs/TV/TV-Anime/Battle Angel Alita/Season 01
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Accept, Accept-Language, Authorization, Cache-Control, Content-Disposition, Content-Encoding, Content-Language, Content-Length, Content-MD5, Content-Range, Content-Type, Date, Host, If-Match, If-Modified-Since, If-None-Match, If-Unmodified-Since, Origin, OriginToken, Pragma, Range, Slug, Transfer-Encoding, Want-Digest, X-MediaBrowser-Token, X-Emby-Token, X-Emby-Authorization
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, PATCH, OPTIONS
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Server: UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 00:24:40 GMT
Content-Length: 0

2019-04-29 18:25:40.580 Info LibraryMonitor: TV-Anime (/mnt/pcs/TV/TV-Anime) will be refreshed.

Why didn't it scan "/mnt/pcs/TV/TV-Anime/Battle Angel Alita" this time and went a folder above like it did for movies before?

That's just the way our scanning works, by refreshing the contents of the parent folder.