Floating Window?

dalton5

36 minutes ago, SirBomble said:

Thank you for the response, look forward to this being implemented. Do you guys have a feature tracker?

We essentially use this community as our tracker. We'll update this topic when we have news to share. Thanks.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, SirBomble said:

Any Updates on this feature?

Hi, not yet, but we are in the midst of the work I mentioned above. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SirBomble said:

Just checking as to the status of this planned update?

Hi, yes, still in-progress. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SirBomble said:

Is there any talks of a beta or alpha of this planned feature?

It's in-progress. There are steps that need to be taken first, such as having the ability to switch back and forth between the native Apple player and our embedded player (mpv). So that groundwork is what we're currently working on.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
ng4ever
On 8/9/2022 at 5:36 PM, UncleLeoTheDad said:

Really looking forward to this!

Me too! 

Can not wait! 

I bet you all will do it better than Plex too! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/4/2023 at 4:13 PM, Jacksaudio said:

Any update on this feature for iOS?  Really looking forward to it....thx for all the hard work

Hi, yes stay tuned. We've laid most of the foundation for this so we're getting closer.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally gave your app another go... After two hours of setting up docker, library, metadata... I launch iOS app amazing...everything is amazing. I close the app and there is no PiP video...reading all ios settings, and server settings, REALY STILL NO PIP??? It has been 3 YEARS since people started asking for this basic functionality...

Sorry to be so harsh but I love everything about this app but I use PiP 90% of the time...so I can't really use it =(
PLEASE ADD PIP as an advanced option or something.
Plex has PiP, Jellyfin has PiP (free), just saying it can be done...

SirBomble

I've been waiting for this for a while as well, seems like not something high on the Todo. Even though most user want it. They did mention that the use of the native player should allow for it to be implemented but I haven't heard anything since then.

28 minutes ago, JernejP said:

So I finally gave your app another go... After two hours of setting up docker, library, metadata... I launch iOS app amazing...everything is amazing. I close the app and there is no PiP video...reading all ios settings, and server settings, REALY STILL NO PIP??? It has been 3 YEARS since people started asking for this basic functionality...

Sorry to be so harsh but I love everything about this app but I use PiP 90% of the time...so I can't really use it =(
PLEASE ADD PIP as an advanced option or something.
Plex has PiP, Jellyfin has PiP (free), just saying it can be done...

SirBomble
16 hours ago, Luke said:

We're not too far off at this point. The groundwork for this has been laid so stay tuned.

I appreciate the update!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, SirBomble said:

Just doing a quick check-in for any update on the status of this vital feature?

Hi, we are working on it. Thanks.

SirBomble
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we are working on it. Thanks.

Do you have a timeline? Or perhaps a beta so we can help get it out sooner?

• 4 weeks later...
SirBomble

Still curious on the progress of this improvement, do you any beta or alpha builds to give feedback on to get this improvement out sooner?

4 hours ago, SirBomble said:

Still curious on the progress of this improvement, do you any beta or alpha builds to give feedback on to get this improvement out sooner?

Hi, we are working on it. Hopefully we'll have something soon. Thanks.

SirBomble
On 4/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, teo0321 said:

This is a must have! Hope we get it soon 

Agreed been waiting for a few years for this, and I was hoping for a timeline or some working beta to help speed things along. We'll have to see if it comes within this year, or if it ends up coming sometime next year. 

• Like 2

cvananden

Agree. I have an audio sync issue that happens on my appletv too. I keep hoping for an update. I may have to go back to PLEX even though I don't want to.

Infuse works fine, but I honestly don't like the interface at all; I definitely prefer the emby one. I have gone as far as connecting my emby database to infuse and sometimes will use that, but my family members hate jumping around to find the app that works best.

• Like 1