Is multiple path substitutions working with OSX server?

Andycool

Andycool

Hello,

I'm not sure if i've missed something but I've been struggling with this and cannot get anywhere!

I have 2x NAS devices that store all my media - lets call them NAS1 and NAS2. I've installed MB Server on OSX, and all seems to be working ok on the server operation. I couldn't load the NASes into the library either with the 'network' search or with directly typing in the NAS network locations - so I mounted these smb shares to /mnt, and could then add those local mount points to the library locally from these loactions: ie for my TV Series: /mnt/NAS1/Video/Series and /mnt/NAS2/Video/Series.

Now this is where I found some really helpful information on this forum that I could use the path substitution so that the clients (I have loaded MB Theatre on a Win7 PC) would load the media file directly from the NAS rather than streaming or transcoding through the MB server (on OSX).

So I set up 2 path substitutions: ie:

/mnt/NAS1/Video \\NAS1\Video

/mnt/NAS2/Video \\NAS2\Video

So - this is where I am stuck. I can see all the media in the library on MB Theatre on the Windows 7 PC. However when looking in the Client logs to confirm the path substitutions is working rather than streaming/transcoding from the OSX MB Server I notice this:

When I have the path substitutions set to:

Anything from NAS1 is using path substitutions and coming direct from NAS1 correctly as I would expect - but any media on NAS2 is being streamed or transcoded from the OSX machine.

If I have it set in path substitutions in this order:

Anything from NAS2 is using path substitutions and coming direct from NAS2 - but any media on NAS1 is now being streamed or transcoded from the OSX machine.

How do I get both path substitutions working so the client can get the files directly from both the NASes - or is this function with multiple path substitutions on OSX for the MB server not working?

Many thanks in advance!

Andycool

ok - thanks Luke. I was going mad trying to sort it thinking it should be working!

Cheers