Multi-disc music albums are not playing anymore

fc7

I'm running Emby server 4.1.0.26 on CentOS 7.

Yesterday I tried to play a multi-disc music album using Firefox and also the iOS app without success.

I got the error "No compatible streams are currently available" and when I opened the album I found that the song list for both discs is empty. So basically the album with the artwork is in the library but there are no songs in it.

I tried to play the files directly and double checked the mp3 tags, everything is ok.

I tried different multi-disc albums from my library and all show the same symptons. The album is in the library but no songs listed in it and playback gives always the same error.

BTW in metadata manager I can see the album and the songs and their metadata without any issues.

I can't confirm when this issue started since I'm not playing multi-disc albums on daily basis but as far as I recall before upgrading to version 4 it was all ok.

Please let me know if you need the server log althrough I didn't find anything relevant while trying to playblack.

Is anyone having the same issue with multi-disc music albums?

Single disk albums are alright as far as I know and I use Emby to play music on daily basis.

Thanks.

mrfragger

I used folder view then just click the ... then choose shuffle. So for instance say I had multi albums in the same folder I just choose the parent folder and voila.

I used folder view then just click the ... then choose shuffle. So for instance say I had multi albums in the same folder I just choose the parent folder and voila.

You mean I should use “Folder view” as a workaround? Will try that.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the folder view but when I open the album folder it doesn’t contain any songs.

Not sure what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So luckily I saved a VM snapshot from before upgrading Emby from 3.5.2 stable version to 4.0 and I can confirm that multi-disc music albums where just fine before the upgrade. Running on that snapshot I'm able to see the songs and play the album without any problems.

At some point in version 4.0 this stopped working.

If any one else with a multi-disc music album can check and confirm or not the behavior I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

As a test with 4.0 can you try removing your multi-disc album altogether, running a full library scan to clear it out of the database, and then adding it back? thanks.

fc7

Removing the album and adding it back solve the problem. Thanks.

Now, is there any other way to fix? I have a big music library, spotting all the multi-disc albums to removing them and add them back will be a very tedious task.

Also what will happen to albums and or songs in these albums marked as favourite? Will Iose that?

I'm asking because moving all the library content away and re-adding it will most likely solve the problem in one shot but I have a good amount of songs and albums marked as favourite that I don't want to mark again.

It's something related to the upgrade from 3.5 to 4. I'll take another look and see if i can chase it down. Thanks.