Switch from beta back to stable

DelSol

DelSol

Hello, I want to switch from my current beta version back to stable because my server is crashing and hanging a lot and I want to check if this will stop with the stable version.

I know I can not just switch back to the older stable but I read somewere that its possible to wait until the stable version catches up with the beta version, is this right?
So I'm on 4.2.0.1 beta now and I can wait until there's 4.2.0.1 stable and replace the server. did I get this right?

Thanks guys  :)

CBers

You can switch back to Stable now if you want.

No point being in the beta testing team if you're not prepared to provide feedback, so it might be useful for @@Luke to see the server logs to try and see why you're having crashes etc.

• Like 1

DelSol

Okay, I'll give it a try. 
I would love to share feedback and help getting problems solved but I'm using emby behind a Firewall, behind a reverse proxy, within a docker host in a container, so many things can go wrong and I don't want to bother you guys with issues that might not be emby related in the end.

But I will share my logs after the next crash and you can have a quick look.

• Like 2

CBers

Lots of people here using reverse proxy and vpns etc. with Emby still working.

I myself run a nginx reverse proxy and pfSense router without issues.

Start a new thread in the Testing Area/Server forum when you're ready.

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

Okay, I'll give it a try. 

I would love to share feedback and help getting problems solved but I'm using emby behind a Firewall, behind a reverse proxy, within a docker host in a container, so many things can go wrong and I don't want to bother you guys with issues that might not be emby related in the end.

But I will share my logs after the next crash and you can have a quick look.

I'm using Emby in a Docker container along with Cloudflare.

If you are already using Docker, I would suggest running both a stable and beta. That's what I do. I make them pretty much the same. I let the stable run on the standard port, and the beta runs on a different port. That way, I can work both at the same time. I point all my users that care to the stable version, but I personally will use the beta version. Something to think about.