Tvheadend config

Uga

Q-Droid

The log shows your source stream is mpeg2video. What is the playback device? If browser then it has to transcode.

Mpeg2video sure is the original source format in this channel''s case.

But the stream profile configured on TVHE is supposed to convert it into h264.

And indeed it does do this when recording (on tvhe).

Why does Emby pick the video stream "before" the transcoding job done by tvhe, instead of picking the output of tvhe''s stream profile?

Q-Droid

The URL shows it using the pass(through) profile. However, you could change the TVH default streaming profile and force it to the one you want under Configuration -> Users -> Access Entries -> (Edit User) -> Streaming Profiles. Or you could tick the boxes in Streaming Profiles to make another one the default, uncheck pass.

Streaming and recording profiles are separate in TVH and I don't know how you have those setup.

On tvhe i created the * user to be used for this connections.

I also created a stream profile, called Emby, whiCh converts into 264 inside matroska container.

On the * user profile the emby stream profile is the sole one ticked as allowed.

danlo315

You can also override the profile on the m3u URL, like this: http://tvhhost:9981/playlist?profile=matroska, or profile=Emby in your case.

Lots of other stuff you can do with the TVH URL and API.

https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/blob/master/docs/markdown/url.md

https://github.com/dave-p/TVH-API-docs/wiki/Other-Functions

This is super helpful, thanks.  Could come in handy one day.

If you are using IPTV as your incoming feed, are you using streaming profile other than pass?  I'm trying to figure out what my optimal setup should be and I'd like to avoid transcoding if possible.

Q-Droid

I have IPTV and OTA streams and use pass profile for both. I want everything from TVH to be same as source. They are however two separate playlists and separate m3u tuners in emby. Using channel tags in TVH I can group them by type then pull Playlist by tag ID in the url for each m3u tuner. Then I can apply a different epg source to each in emby.

What works for you will come down to preference, server gear and players. My server runs both TVH and emby and can handle all of my transcoding needs.

I had to edit post, thought you were uga at first.

Edited by Q-Droid

danlo315

I have IPTV and OTA streams and use pass profile for both. I want everything from TVH to be same as source. They are however two separate playlists and separate m3u tuners in emby. Using channel tags in TVH I can group them by type then pull Playlist by tag ID in the url for each m3u tuner. Then I can apply a different epg source to each in emby.

What works for you will come down to preference, server gear and players. My server runs both TVH and emby and can handle all of my transcoding needs.

I had to edit post, thought you were uga at first.

How are you passing in the TVH m3u URL specific for a tag?  I'm using /playlist/tag/<tagname> but it's not coming back with a .m3u extension and I think Emby isn't read it.

Q-Droid

How are you passing in the TVH m3u URL specific for a tag?  I'm using /playlist/tag/<tagname> but it's not coming back with a .m3u extension and I think Emby isn't read it.

Get the list of tags and IDs:

curl http://localhost:9981/playlist/tags

Then use the tagid in the URL for the m3u tuner:

curl http://localhost:9981/playlist/tagid/1374989422

Sub in your actual TVH hostname/IP.

• 3 years later...
pünktchen

You don't have to add a guide source when using the plugin. The plugin is downloading channels and guide data (even if the channels overview in the tv setup says "unmapped" for guide data).

eeeeeesy
15 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

You don't have to add a guide source when using the plugin. The plugin is downloading channels and guide data (even if the channels overview in the tv setup says "unmapped" for guide data).

ive tried only using the tvheadend plugin without adding the xmltv  and refreshed with this image.png.97a3452621fbd72d4128a3939584cf45.png

bu still theres no epg from tvheadend in emby tv guide. and i made sure the epg is populated in tvheadend

image.png.2a3721ee6e95198cbeef843466fd05a0.png

pünktchen

But this is how it should work. I know in the past there was a problem when the channels in tvheadend did not have a channel number assigned. If they are missing for you, then just try it with one or two channels.

eeeeeesy

tested what? i dont even know if my users are configure properly because no one even mentioned it. and i actually have channel numbers in tvheadend so i dont know what your talking about. youre not giving any info

Edited by eeeeeesy

1 hour ago, eeeeeesy said:

use your words like a big boy

Hi, please keep it polite. He and everyone else are trying to help you. Thanks.

eeeeeesy
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, please keep it polite. He and everyone else are trying to help you. Thanks.

i have been hesitating to give my logs because they show my remote ip but the logs say its an authentication problem

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

changing the allowed networks to 0.0.0.0 is what fixed it for me. now the only problem im having is the channel icons dont show up. i have no idea how to fix that

tvheadend.jpg