Issues in 3.08 (poor update experience from 3.06 + bugs)

veletron

veletron

Hi

Several issues in 3.08

- Asked me again to install the HDMI driver (I saifd 'no' the last time, the TV does not support it, said 'yes' this time in the hope never to be asked again)

- Login details not remembered after update (starts on the 'welcome to emby' screen), not very friendly on a 10ft interface in the lounge - it just needs to work

- Settings for emby theatre not remembered - the navigation sounds returned.

- If you have Emby pinned to the task bar from 3.06 (as many folks will have) activating this somehow still starts 3.06, but it is a half functioning version with the shortcut pointing at a .old version

- Above does not get fixed until you start Emby at least once from the shortcut in the start menu

- Issues scheduling recordings, eternal hourglass when the 3.06 is started via taskbar shortcut after update to 3.08

- On 3.08 started normally (from start menu), pressing record on currently live programme DOES NOT start recording that programme (never appears in schedule, never starts recording)

I Have 2 systems running 3.08, and the update experience from 3.06 was the same for each of them --> eg poor!

My TV backend is Next PVR, but is is not NextPvr or Emby Server at fault here - the web interface works fine.

Emby Server: 4.1.0.26

Nigel

I updated to 3.08 today, I have a problem as well but I am not experiencing any of the above mentioned errors but I have not tried scheduling a recording using it.

The problem I have is, I have no on screen controls when watching anything, no pause, no back, no play buttons nothing at all. All functions still work as they normally would but there is no visual display of the functions including the progress bar (no overlay). If I place the mouse pointer to where that function should be displayed and click that function still works.

I did a manual update as I always do, extracting the zip file, creating a new system directory and copying the extracted files to it.

(edit:

Updated to latest VGA drivers, problem still there.
Rolled back to 3.06 by restoring old system directory, visual overlay restored)

(edit 2: The roll back only worked for one restart then I just got a black screen. Manually deleted all the files in the Emby Theatre directory then I copied over a fresh copy of 3.06 and re-setup Emby Theatre all working fine again. I also tried this with a fresh install of 3.08 but still had the above mentioned problem.

I am presuming the problem with the roll back was caused by the newer version of electron)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
i7-7700

32GB ram

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti using HDMI

Emby Server Beta: v4.2.0.1

Edited by Ice

Guest asrequested

There seems to be more going on than electron. Others tried an older version, and it didn't fix the issue. Window management was updated. There might be something to do with that.

Guest asrequested

And for the record, I've experienced some instability with this release, too. I'm sure Luke is looking into it.

I apologize for the issues, but after re-configuring settings, they are now working again, right?

Swynol

also having weird issues with 3.08.

if a film has an mp3 theme song and if that mp3 track has an embedded image i.e. album cover art it displays the coverart of the mp3 full screen so that you cant press play on the film. the below image is what happens when you try to view the details screen of a film.

5cc5f5a86492b_Untitled.jpg

Bit of an update

I have just installed 3.08 on my Windows 10 PC and the overlay works just fine

Win 10 Pro 64bit (with latest updates)

i7-8700K

32GB ram

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti ( same card as the Emby Server PC)

I didn't mention previously that I was testing 3.08 on my Emby Server PC which is also used to run Emby Theatre in the HT

(Problem with overlay still exists on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit)

Edited by Ice

I thought I would try copying the Emby-Theatre directory from the Win10 PC to the Win7 PC since the HW is similar, overlay problem still exists, looks like it is Win7 based problem, well for me anyway... :(

Did a little bit of experimenting...I copied electronapp directory from my working 3.06 version into my 3.08 version and the overlay is working again, I don't know if this is any help to you guy or not in narrowing down my issue?

Crestj

also having weird issues with 3.08.

if a film has an mp3 theme song and if that mp3 track has an embedded image i.e. album cover art it displays the coverart of the mp3 full screen so that you cant press play on the film. the below image is what happens when you try to view the details screen of a film.

Yes I've seen this issue but cannot find a workaround yet.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73136-video-backdrop-plays-on-top/

• 6 months later...

I updated to 3.08 today, I have a problem as well but I am not experiencing any of the above mentioned errors but I have not tried scheduling a recording using it.

The problem I have is, I have no on screen controls when watching anything, no pause, no back, no play buttons nothing at all. All functions still work as they normally would but there is no visual display of the functions including the progress bar (no overlay). If I place the mouse pointer to where that function should be displayed and click that function still works.

I did a manual update as I always do, extracting the zip file, creating a new system directory and copying the extracted files to it.

(edit:

Updated to latest VGA drivers, problem still there.

Rolled back to 3.06 by restoring old system directory, visual overlay restored)

(edit 2: The roll back only worked for one restart then I just got a black screen. Manually deleted all the files in the Emby Theatre directory then I copied over a fresh copy of 3.06 and re-setup Emby Theatre all working fine again. I also tried this with a fresh install of 3.08 but still had the above mentioned problem.

I am presuming the problem with the roll back was caused by the newer version of electron)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

i7-7700

32GB ram

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti using HDMI

Emby Server Beta: v4.2.0.1

Problem still there with with 3.10.....rolled back to 3.06 again