Subtitle downloader for Tv Shows

Westiewill

Westiewill

i am able to download subtitles for movies but why not TV Shows as well?    I am deaf so subtitles are very important for me... am I overlooking something in the settings to enable subtitles for tv shows?   I cant seem to find download subtitles when I am viewing tv shows in emby library only the feature pops up while picking a movie

• Like 1

Westiewill

I have checked it and now I see thank you. One small issue with srt is when the video auto plays the external srt does not play I have to go back and download it then resume and it starts playing again but if I download it then press play instead of resume it doesn't play the srt. Weird eh

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

One small issue with srt is when the video auto plays the external srt does not play I have to go back and download it then resume and it starts playing again but if I download it then press play instead of resume it doesn't play the srt.

Can you please describe this a little bit more? You do have to download the subtitle before you start playing. Thanks.

Westiewill

Can you please describe this a little bit more? You do have to download the subtitle before you start playing. Thanks.

Sorry for not being clear,

What happens is

I select a movie in my library, it already has SRT (there is a dropdown menu saying english SRT) in the movie information page  I select english SRT, then click on play movie

movie starts,    subtitles dont play at all... I click on the back icon on the top left corner to go back to the movie information screen,  click the three dots to pull down subtitle settings

once subtitle settings menu opens i click on delete sub, then redownload the sub from podnaipsi  then go back to the movie information screen and click RESUME, movie starts resuming with

subtitles enabled,  but the funny thing is If i click on play (after downloading the subs again) the subs dont work,  only if i click on resume.. seems like a bug.

Hi, what Emby app are you playing with? Is this the web app? If so, what browser and version?

Westiewill

bit of a issue with subtitles

I have the addic7ed subtitle addon installed/enabled in my Tv Shows Library... and I have The Simpsons tv show and It already scraped this exact episode but it is not downloading the subtitle, I click on search  it comes up empty

https://www.addic7ed.com/serie/The_Simpsons/30/1/Bart%27s_Not_Dead

the srt is available on addic7ed.com   I have checked.

Westiewill

bit of a issue with subtitles

I have the addic7ed subtitle addon installed/enabled in my Tv Shows Library... and I have The Simpsons tv show and It already scraped this exact episode but it is not downloading the subtitle, I click on search  it comes up empty

https://www.addic7ed.com/serie/The_Simpsons/30/1/Bart%27s_Not_Dead

the srt is available on addic7ed.com   I have checked.

I have fixed this by removing and re installing all the subtitle addons, now opensubtitles is able to find it and download the subtitle.. but the tv show wont play it,   It is the same with movies, but I have a trick to get the subtitles playing by going back and then resuming the movie.. but with Tv Shows when you go back there is no resume function, just play from beginning so my trick to get the subs with the movies dont work with the tv shows.    :/ (am using web player)

edit:

i actually see the subtitles but its on the very top of the screen and cut off.. can only see a litle bit of the bottom?!?!

how do I fix the position?

Edited by Westiewill

Westiewill

I have fixed this by removing and re installing all the subtitle addons, now opensubtitles is able to find it and download the subtitle.. but the tv show wont play it,   It is the same with movies, but I have a trick to get the subtitles playing by going back and then resuming the movie.. but with Tv Shows when you go back there is no resume function, just play from beginning so my trick to get the subs with the movies dont work with the tv shows.    :/ (am using web player)

edit:

i actually see the subtitles but its on the very top of the screen and cut off.. can only see a litle bit of the bottom?!?!

how do I fix the position?

quoting myself for the third time.....

I stayed up for hours and hours trying different settings and BAM!! found the perfect setting to play the subtitles properly where its supposed to be on the bottom and not cut off at the top!

here is  a  screenshot of the setting I used to make it work for anyone else who is having the issue.

5cc8bd36e0480_screen3.png

*pats himself on the back*   hope this helps anyone having issues with subtitles

good day

westie

• Like 1

Westiewill

Subtitle downloader stopped working again today, not getting any hits on the same episode I searched and got hits for yesterday ;(

Subtitle downloader stopped working again today, not getting any hits on the same episode I searched and got hits for yesterday ;(

Hi, it did not stop working. Sometimes there are just no results, or your search filters are too limiting. @@cayars

If you still think you have an issue. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

If you go into your library setup with advanced settings turned on and scroll down to this section what do you options show?

5cca1d0ee7b2c_OpenSubtitles6.png

The very first option "Require a hash match" is likely going to be why you sometimes get and sometimes don't get subs downloaded for media.

The problem at large (not an Emby issue per say) is that if your file doesn't EXACTLY MATCH the file used to create the subs with then you can easily have timing issues.  Anything recorded for example will likely have big time issues matching to online subs because the time the movie starts will be different therefore throwing off the subs.

So if you have this first option ENABLED/CHECKED Emby will only return subs for files that are exactly the same based on a match CRC match.  If you turn this option off you will get a LOT MORE subs but many of them will be offset on the time.

It's a NO WIN SITUATION for Emby and us users when you don't have a direct match.

Westiewill

Thank you. This fixed it a bit and getting more results now and you are right about the subtitles being off... Could maybe add a offset feature for fine tuning the subtitle timing, Kodi has that built in but I'm sure the devs have a lot of more important things on their plate right now than worrying about that. Would be a nice feature though

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

An offset feature is something we'd like to add in the future, thanks !