Menu for kodi not synching

Drego344

Drego344

I have a new jail setup with emby 4.2.0.1 and emby for kodi 4.0.14a, everything plays fine, if I mark something as watch it sync up fine.... The problem I'm having is the add-on won't trigger itself when I start up kodi....it's not updating my library without my intervention... Is anyone else experiencing this?

Angelblue05

In your log it shows no items needed updating. Can you provide your kodi log after doing this test. Turn off Kodi. In the webclient, edit an episode or movie metadata. Wait a few. Start Kodi. Wait a few, grab the Kodi log.

Angelblue05

Nothing was sent to be updated in your log. Can you provide your server log to go with the test? Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05

The realtime monitor may not always work on FreeBSD. Mono has to be patched on FreeBSD in order for it to work, those patches are maintained by FreeBSD community members. That's about as much as I know of the situation. @@makarai may know more.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Do you receive updates if you update libraries via emby for kodi > manage libraries? It takes a little longer but it should bring your library up to date with what's in the webclient.

Drego344

That works fine....Thank you, but how can this be permanently fix, it takes forever to update like this...

Edited by Drego344

makarai

so what can i do in the mean time?

So, Luke mentioned everything already.

This is what you can do: 

When you upload a new home video you can trigger it manually.

When you use something like sonarr, radarr or else you can just set these tools up to send an api call to update your emby library. (its under /settings/connect you'll need to create an API key in emby prior). that means everytime something is finished downloading the library updates.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Drego344

Any update on this issue?....kodi I still not getting the new updates from server, have to do it manually.

Angelblue05

@@Drego344

Maybe if you post in the appropriate server section, you'll receive the appropriate help for your situation.

Refresh my memory here. Does your server even show new content, etc?

If so, you said they don't appear in Kodi. Was this when Kodi was offline, then you turn it on and it receives no updates, even if you have the Kodi companion server plugin installed?

While Kodi is running, are you receiving live updates? You mark something as watched in the webclient, for example, and it is then marked as watched in Kodi?

Drego344

if kodi is offline and i start it up i receive no updates, even with new episodes on my server, i have kodi companion installed....if kodi is open and an episodes is updated i receive the update... its only on a fresh start up of kodi that nothing happens..