(Unofficial) Roku NowTV Client Updates

radeon

radeon

gcw07, Tikuf and I have been working hard to bring back the NowTV Client in a way which doesn't involve the release of any source code.

With that, we have come up with a simple remote delivery solution.  All you'll need to do is open up a port on your router and have your external IP Address to hand.

OK, so we're happy its all working correctly.

You can find the installer at http://roku.gwscripts.com/

Follow the installation steps on that screen and let us know how you get on. :-D

nowtvinstaller.jpg

Edited by radeon
  • Like 7

CBers

I'm available ;)

Why port 443 though? Isn't that the SSL port ? Is that the most secure way?

There's not a developer's password on the Now TV box is there, only on true Rokus?

TIA.

Edited by CBers

snazy2000

I'll give it a go :) would be good if can use other port :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by snazy2000
  • Like 1

radeon

I'm available ;)

Why port 443 though? Isn't that the SSL port ? Is that the most secure way?

There's not a developer's password on the Now TV box is there, only on true Rokus?

TIA.

Nope, no dev pass on NowTV Boxes but having it as an option on the form enables other users to install the software on their rokus if they choose to. :D

I'll give it a go :) would be good if can use other port :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ports are just a limit of gcw's host. We're working on getting that adjusted. You know what hosting companies can be like. As standard, most hosts block outbound ports for security but naturally have 80 and 443 open so we currently using those. We will probably offer 1 or 2 alternate ports to choose from.

The way I see it, and how i have been using it to date is I just switch 80 to the internal ip of my various now-tvs boxes and install for each one by one, then switch off/revert the port back.

• Like 2

SilentAssassin

I'm happy to help, new to NowTV as a cheap way to watch content in the bedroom. Would need to use 443 as I have port 80 setup for MB Server.

radeon

PM's sent! if you guys all get good results, (feedback via pm's) then we'll release to all.

• Like 1

Robboxx

I've got 4 Live TV boxes in the house, currently using 1.17.

More than happy to help test a new client.

Tikuf

If you left your email we can notify you directly. The plan is to notify in this thread too. 

We debated if we should save the host names so we could push builds out but we decided against it (security was our major concern among other things).

Edited by Tikuf
  • Like 1

doddsie

Guys 

Thanks so much for the time spent on this...it is much appreciated

I am having trouble opening up the ports on my router - need to spend some time on it.

cheers

CBers

Guys 

Thanks so much for the time spent on this...it is much appreciated

I am having trouble opening up the ports on my router - need to spend some time on it.

cheers

Ensure you forward external port on your router to port 80 on your Roku/NOW TV box.

doddsie

Thanks CBers

turns out router locked down ports 80 and 443....sorted it via telnet....now working fine

loving the jump in

• Like 1

radeon

Ensure you forward external port on your router to port 80 on your Roku/NOW TV box.

Thanks @@CBers, I think this issue will come up a lot.

• Like 1

Popeye2468

Ok totally confused here

How do I port forward using Huawei HG533

Thanks

Anthony86

PLEASE HELP ME, I am a complete beginner to all of this, can an installation video be made to follow. including the changing ports and what to type where. Please help