Overlay missing on 3.0.8

csadoian

Diedrich

Drift or just delay? And did you mean 3.0.9?

Yeah, I didn't receive .9 until today, I'll have to test. I was getting delay with .8.

Guest asrequested

Yeah, I didn't receive .9 until today, I'll have to test. I was getting delay with .8.

You can set a delay param in the video settings. Negative and positive. That's why I was asking if it was drift. Drift can be compensated for, by other means. 

• Like 1

AdamPhillips

I have a windows 7 mediacentre that was affected by the no overlay problem using 3.08.

I rolled it back to 3.06, disabled auto-update,  and it has been fine since.

I have a second mediacentre running windows 10 that ran fine on 3.08.

This morning it auto-updated to 3.09 and is now experiencing the same missing overlay problem.

This is extremely frustrating.

Is the cause of the problem known?

Is there a fix?

Do I need to manually roll the windows 10 machine back to 3.08 and disable auto-update?

Jack Burton

It's missing for me on 3.0.9 as well. I had a fix on 3.0.8 that I found in another thread but don't remember what I did or where it is. After update to 3.0.9, overlay went away again

I have the same missing overlay issue with EmbyTheater 3.0.9 on Windows 7 x64 (latest updates) and a high end NVidia card (latest drivers) with EmbyServer 4.2.1.0. Have read all 8 pages of this thread and done all the same things (reinstall, reboot, yada yada yada) with no luck. This is my primary TV system w/65" vizio TV and the overlay use to work and stopped working today.

This is a WMC replacement.

FYI. The web browser interface works properly on the same system where the Emby Theater windows app has issues. So by process of elimination the issue seems to be with Emby Theater windows app.

Edited by SonnyMN

LASooner

Anyone else use video backgrounds? When I enter a movie the video background plays over the interface as well. I had to turn those off.

WIndows 7 32bit

NVidia GT440

Intel i5

I updated to Windows 10 64bit on this same machine, nothing else changed, overlay is working again. 3.0.9

I updated to Windows 10 64bit on this same machine, nothing else changed, overlay is working again. 3.0.9

I run Win 10 64 bit and don't have overlay on 3.0.8 or 3.0.9

Edited by n7of9

Guest asrequested

Commonly, it seems to be either Win 7 with any GPU or Win 10 with an Intel GPU. I have 4 Win 10 machines and the issue only exhibits on the Intel GPU machine.

Edited by Doofus

Steven

Hi, Touch isn't working for me at all when set to TV mode on my Surface 3 in 3.08. Other modes work but resolution is absolutely tiny.

Overlay is working though and the Surface has an Intel GPU (Win10)

Hi, Touch isn't working for me at all when set to TV mode on my Surface 3 in 3.08.

TV mode is not designed for touch. You'll need to use desktop or mobile. We'll make text sizes configurable in a future update. Thanks.

• Like 1

Commonly, it seems to be either Win 7 win with any GPU or Win 10 with an Intel GPU. I have 4 Win 10 machines and the issue only exhibits on the Intel GPU machine.

Hey Doofus. Have a PC with an i5-7600 currently running ET using the Intel HD 630 on Win 10 pro 1903. No Overlay issue. Not sure if that's helpful or not; but I thought I'd mention it. :)

Oh, I should mention that I recently updated the intel graphics drivers to the latest version.(26.20.100.7000) and there was also no issue with the previous drivers.

The system has never had a dedicated graphics card installed either, so no other graphics drivers installed other than what MS provides by default.

Edited by Mobius

Guest asrequested

Hey Doofus. Have a PC with an i5-7600 currently running ET using the Intel HD 630 on Win 10 pro 1903. No Overlay issue. Not sure if that's helpful or not; but I thought I'd mention it. :)

Oh, I should mention that I recently updated the intel graphics drivers to the latest version.(26.20.100.7000) and there was also no issue with the previous drivers.

The system has never had a dedicated graphics card installed either, so no other graphics drivers installed other than what MS provides by default.

It isn't with every machine, or there'd be many more people reporting. But with Win 10 machines that have the issue, they all seem to be with Intel GPUs, possibly gen 6 and older.

It isn't with every machine, or there'd be many more people reporting. But with Win 10 machines that have the issue, they all seem to be with Intel GPUs, possibly gen 6 and older.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. :)

I think sometime in the fall is a realistic timeline to resolve this as we're going to have to change some of the technology used in the windows app. Thanks guys.

Looking forward to the fix as this is one of several issues that's preventing considering a premier subscription for us.  Using a downgraded version with a promise for a future fix isn't something we're willing to gamble on.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Just tested ET on the server machine, it has overlay and both remote local machines don't have overlays for me on 3.0.9.  One remote machines show overlay on 3.0.8.

I7-8700  works with 3.0.9

I5-3450  works with 3.0.8

and my old custom Sager laptop E8400 8800GTX only works on 3.0.6

Edited by Happy2Play

Guest asrequested

Just tested ET on the server machine, it has overlay and both remote local machines don't have overlays for me on 3.0.9.  One remote machines show overlay on 3.0.8.

I7-8700  works with 3.0.9

I5-3450  works with 3.0.8

and my old custom Sager laptop E8400 8800GTX only works on 3.0.6

Which OS on which machines?

Happy2Play

Which OS on which machines?

All Windows 10 Pro

i7-8700 Version 10.0.18362.295 (1903)

i5-3450 Version 10.0.18975.1000  Insider (1903)

E8400  Version 10.0.16299.1087 (1709)

Edited by Happy2Play

TheShanMan

I'm having the opposite problem; my OSD won't go away...

I get that occasionally but in my case stopping and restarting what I'm playing usually resolves it.

Edited by TheShanMan

I get that occasionally but in my case stopping and restarting what I'm playing usually resolves it.

I've had that work in the past as well; this time it was more persistent for some reason. I ended up exiting and reopening ET and had the same issue, so I tried that a couple of times and it ended up working eventually. Not sure what the issue was, that's the first time I've had that problem last that long.

Another data point, for what it is worth.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, up to date (Security Only patches)

nVidia GeForce GTX 670, driver version 397.98 (2018-05-24*)

BenQ W1070 3D projector via Integra DTR-50.5 receiver

Emby Theater 3.0.6 - works fine

3.0.8 - no overlay

3.0.9 - no overlay

In the case of no overlay, it is still there, just invisible. If I guess where the buttons are, they work as normal. Many of my movies & shows have background videos, which makes selecting an episode nigh impossible.

I reverted to 3.0.6 and disabled auto-update, seems to be working fine again. I still use Emby for Media Center most of the time, so I don't plan to upgrade to Windows 10 yet (no Media Center). Looking forward to a fix, but I was glad to find the workaround posted here. That'll work for now.

*Once I get 3D Blu-ray working, I don't like to update drivers, because something always breaks. So my video drivers are old, but it seems that isn't the problem. Which is good, it always takes me hours to get 3D playback working right after a driver update or Blu-ray player update. So I never update either, if I can help it.