Overlay missing on 3.0.8

csadoian

Is there a trick to getting this to run?  I unzipped it to a folder and double clicked on Emby.Theater.exe but nothing seems to happen.  Do I need to unzip this over an existing install?

No. Are you on 64-bit windows? i did not include 32-bit support in that zip.

csadoian

Yes, 64 bit Windows 10 Professional.  I will try it on my laptop and get back to you.

csadoian

Hmmm, I had to right click to get properties (on Emby.Theater.exe) and UNBLOCK it.  Never had that happen before.

Overlay seems fine, played a couple recordings and then some live TV, no problems.

Hmmm, I had to right click to get properties (on Emby.Theater.exe) and UNBLOCK it.  Never had that happen before.

Overlay seems fine, played a couple recordings and then some live TV, no problems.

You're saying it seems fine, so just to confirm you were having a problem before, right?

csadoian

You're saying it seems fine, so just to confirm you were having a problem before, right?

On my primary machine (an HP workstation, X64, Windows 10 Pro) I don't usually have problems although on occasion the overlay will go away for no particular reason.  Doesn't happen very often.  It will come back if I abort the program and then re-launch it.  The laptop I just tried it on works fine.  I have a Windows 10 tablet that gives me the most issues, so I will download your test file onto that device and give it a whirl and report back.

csadoian

Ok, on the tablet it performs the same as the production build.  I would have to use it a lot more to see if it stops the overlay from disappearing occasionally as it does on my main HP desktop.

However, what is probably of more interest to you is that I tested it on a Windows 7 system.  The production build (3.0.11) has no overlay at all and is basically unusable.  This test build brings the overlay back and makes Emby Theater usable on that machine again.  This particular machine has an Intel Q67 chipset (I think they call it Intel 6 series/C200) with "Intel HD graphics Family".  It's running Windows 7 Professional X64 with all updates through January of 2020. 

Hope this helps.

WalBob

Hi Luke, I tested this on my main MediaCenter PC which also hosts The EMBY Server 4.4.2.0. I was running 3.0.6 because of the OSD issue.

Your update test version shows as v3.0.12 when installed.

Live TV - OSD works correctly.

Move Playback - OSD works correctly.

Trailer Playback - OSD works correctly. 

TV Show Playback - OSD works correctly.

Additional Testing:

Playback of a DVD folder initiating MPC-BE64 as an external player from Theater and defaulting back to Theater on finished worked fine.

Recent issue viewing the TV Guide looks to have improved with Channel Icons now appearing in Theater.

Config:

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - Build 1909

Intel Core i5-6600k @ 3.5GHz

RAM 8GB

Intel HD Graphics 530

Though I don't use Theatre anymore because I got an Android TV and Fire TV Stick, I tested v3.0.12 on a PC with Windows 10 and Intel HD 530 and everything works.  Previously on this same PC, v3.0.6 was the last version the OSD worked on 

DAVe3283

So this is not the new app I've been mentioning, but just for a quick test, can you please try this build and let me know if you're able to see the video OSD?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e19u0c6m05g1drx/embytheater.zip?dl=0

Thanks.

Tried this on my HTPC (Windows 7 x64, nVidia GeForce 670) that had to revert to 3.0.6 due to missing overlay. It would ALWAYS render the video over the UI on anything newer than that.

But this new version works fine! Happy to provide any other details/specs if needed.

Thanks!

rikiwi

Just to add my thanks to the other posts. I too had been using version 3.0.6 on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit server machine.

The UI now diplays and disappears properly as expected with this version from your Dropbox.

Thanks again Luke for all your hard work and perseverance.

sooty234

Major problems when using an mpv.conf. It goes directly to full screen every time, with no overlay and without any kind of control. I really hope this is nowhere near complete!!! Switching to using libmpv embedded is a worrying prospect...

Edited by sooty234

Spotta

Also fixes my Win7 machine, thanks Luke.

I replaced my system folder with this version - will an update break it again? 

This is more or less a developer build containing new development. I had a hunch that it might impact this issue so I put it up for testing. It will be a little while though before it's ready for release.

joolsclop

Windows 10 64 bit 1909 on Intel NUC  with Nvidia 4000 gaphics.

Windows up to date and graphics driver up to date.

No Overlay on 3.0.11

Happy2Play

Got 3.0.12 from here and OSD works on my systems now.

Renamed previous system folder and extracted to new system folder in %appdata%\Emby-Theater

i7-8700

i5-3450

E8400 with GTX8800M

All Windows 10 Pro

@@Luke

Edited by Happy2Play

joolsclop

Renamed previous system folder and extracted to new system folder in %appdata%\Emby-Theater

This worked for me. Thanks

terrorbytes

So after running 3.0.12 for a bit I think I might have found an issue.  This version seems to keep the screen on and won't let Windows shut it off.  Anyone else running 3.0.12 experiencing this? 

farsite

i7-3770K dual boot Windows Home 7 & 10 64 bit : Emby Server 4.4.2.0, Emby Theater 3.0.12

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card - also has Intel HD4000 graphics built in. Both drivers updated before testing.

NVIDIA graphics - everything worked perfectly with overlay present & functional on Win 7 & 10

Built-in Intel graphics - Win 7 : Home screen & movie splash screen work normally & controls are functional but when I try to play a movie, the screen locks up showing a backdrop image & the message 'couldn't load plugin'

- Win 10 : Home screen & movie splash screen work normally. Movie plays (audio & video) but no overlay visible & no active control areas (play, pause, etc) anywhere on the screen

update - another win 7 program had trouble with the Intel HD4000 Win 7 graphics accelerator on my machine. Probably explains the 'couldn't load program' error

Edited by farsite