Overlay missing on 3.0.8

csadoian

Hi folks,

I've been running 3.06 with what is now a VERY old version of Server for... ever... without problems.  Is it safe to update to whatever the latest versions of server and ET are, secure in knowing the problem is fixed?

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, Marc_G said:

Hi folks,

I've been running 3.06 with what is now a VERY old version of Server for... ever... without problems.  Is it safe to update to whatever the latest versions of server and ET are, secure in knowing the problem is fixed?

Haven't changed anything in awhile but as all previous post state it is resolved in test version 3.0.12.  I don't believe auto update updates past 3.0.11.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:54 PM, Luke said:

So this is not the new app I've been mentioning, but just for a quick test, can you please try this build and let me know if you're able to see the video OSD?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e19u0c6m05g1drx/embytheater.zip?dl=0

Thanks.

Same as this topic linked in dozens of other topics.

• 3 months later...
nairnmonster

I am running on Win10 with version 3.0.14. My overlay has worked without fault. Tonight out of the blue it just stopped. It will comeup when i move the mouse. But presssing anything on the remote will not bring it up. I've rolled back to some really old version but still cannot for the life of me getting it back working with the remote rather than the mouse.

Any ideas?

nairnmonster

Okay, I couldn't let it lie. So started playing about, I remembered I had an image somewhere on an old HTPC SSD that I knew worked. So I got lucky on the first drive. I copied the Emby directory and added it to "System.old". I then rebooted and it brought back my overlay. I changed a bunch of other settings to see if it would affect it, layout, theme, etc... 

All done nothing and the overlay kept working. I uploaded the copied install to Dropbox in a rar file. It is showing as verison 3.0.14 which didn't work before but god knows on this one.

Here is the link to anyone that want's to give it a try or for some devs to see what's what. Might help with a long term fix. Who knows.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkdba6bncqccf8o/Emby System.old.rar?dl=0

P.S The two systems involved were completely different.

• 3 weeks later...
mentasm
On 11/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, Luke said:

We're hoping to get the test version released this week. Thanks guys.

Did this ever happen?  Can we go bacvk to auto updating if we disabled that?  I'm still on 3.0.6

3 hours ago, mentasm said:

Did this ever happen?  Can we go bacvk to auto updating if we disabled that?  I'm still on 3.0.6

Yes please try the latest. Thanks.