Import Playlist from imdb/trakt

kesm

Hi,

In order to find easily an item in our large librairies, it could be great to have the possibility to import a playlist from imdb/trakt. This way we could easily create playlists like 10001 movies to see before you die or Academy Award for Best Picture for our current movies in our libraries.

Bonus : List all missing movies for a specific playlist

I found a script doing this for Plex but can't find how to adapt it for Emby or a way to import Plex playlists to Emby

I hope someone will find this useful and want to help implementing this.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
kesm

Amazing, 

It could also be great to have the ability to choose when importing if we want to have the external playlist imported in playlist or collection : 

Playlist are great when order matters (MCU Viewing order for example) 

Collections are great as they have a better view to see all items

• 1 year later...
WilhelmStroker

Old topic, but giving this a kick to see what the status is. The Plex Trakt scrobbler has a beta option that will create playlists from Trakt lists which works really well. It would be great if this could be added to the Emby trakt plugin. There are also a number of scripts that have the same functionality for Plex but not for Emby. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Luke Is there a c# api for emby?  This is pretty simple request since the trakt api returns back themovedb id and/or imdb ids for items in the collection.  Id easily create it, but the c# api looks very out dated.

Yes there is. You could do this with a standalone app outside of emby to create playlists, or enhance the current trakt plugin and build it in.

bakes82
On 9/28/2020 at 7:54 PM, Luke said:

Yes there is. You could do this with a standalone app outside of emby to create playlists, or enhance the current trakt plugin and build it in.

@Luke is there a nuget for the c# api. I just see the swagger. The c# looks like it’s from 2018.  Not sure if I’m missing something since you know the code is written in .net core I’d assume there is a nice robust c# client 

8 hours ago, bakes82 said:

@Luke is there a nuget for the c# api. I just see the swagger. The c# looks like it’s from 2018.  Not sure if I’m missing something since you know the code is written in .net core I’d assume there is a nice robust c# client 

Yes but it's a little out of date because our own apps are no longer using it. The nuget packages for plugins are kept up to date though.

• 7 months later...
19 hours ago, KoRnEr007 said:

Hello no news about this feature ?

Hi, not yet, sorry, but it's an area of interest for future updates. thanks for the feedback.