Migration from OMV to unRAID

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

I just migrated from OMV with Emby in Docker to unRAID.

I was thinking of doing drive pooling with MergerFS and SnapRAID in OMV, but it was a lot more complicated. unRAID was relatively simple to set up. Everything is running smooth and stable.

Anyone else using unRAID? Anything that I need to look out for?

I'm still on my trial at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I'll put down the $ for a license.

Smooth sailing for me in unraid. I would recommend using the built-in docker manager as it ensures things interact together nicely - but you are certainly able to use docker-compose and third-party management if you want. Check out the Nerd Tools plugin for that.

I would also recommend either a ssd or /temp for your transcoding folder. I have all appdata on a dedicated ssd and then just leave the config default.

BAlGaInTl

Smooth sailing for me in unraid. I would recommend using the built-in docker manager as it ensures things interact together nicely - but you are certainly able to use docker-compose and third-party management if you want. Check out the Nerd Tools plugin for that.

I would also recommend either a ssd or /temp for your transcoding folder. I have all appdata on a dedicated ssd and then just leave the config default.

That's pretty much how I'm set up. The built in Docker manager is pretty nice.

Using an SSD for cache and appdata.

I don't have parity yet.... I'm waiting on one more drive to install.  Should be here in the next week or so.