Add DV, Atmos, DTS:X, HDR10+, HLG information to database

FrostByte

rbjtech

Adding my support - Along these lines can we also show this information in the main 'Video:' section after the codec detail ?

so 'Video: 4K HEVC' becomes 'Video: 4K HEVC HDR' for example ?

Can we extend to show Dolby Vision too - also easily identifiable by the codec tag being 'dvhe' in the DV stream.

Thanks.

• Like 6

CBers

While your at it, audio needs naming correctly.

Always see TrueHD, when it fact it is Dolby Atmos.

• Like 6

SlartyFartBlast

I can never find enough media/codec information either whilst playing or browsing using any interface other than the API. So frustrating.

I can never find enough media/codec information either whilst playing or browsing using any interface other than the API. So frustrating.

Hi, what information would you like to be added?

• 3 months later...
CBers

Request that Emby display HDR+ or HDR10+ video range and smpte2094 color transfer for appropriate video in the media info section of movie details screen.

Currently HDR10+ videos are being identified only as HDR and smpte2084. 

While your at it, audio needs naming correctly.

Any update on either of these requests please?

Is it even being considered ?

Those are two different things.  Atmos is a layer on top of a particular audio format.  So, TrueHD is correct as the audio format.  A complete picture would be something like "TrueHD+Atmos".

Discovering that Atmos is also there is not a matter of simply reading some sort of flag.  We would have to probe the stream I believe to know it.

FrostByte

Yes, mediainfo shows it.  Something like TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus "with Dolby Atmos"

Mediainfo is pretty good at showing just about everything requested in this thread

While on the subject of probing how hard would it be to get the bitrate for codecs such as EAC3?  Ffmpeg never shows the bitrate for that format.  That;s another thing that mediainfo can show. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
rbjtech

Just giving this a bit of a bump as it's been a year. 

With 4K, HDR and Atmos now much more popular in the industry, I think the lack of these tags for each media item is now well overdue and should be shown alongside the rating, resolution, audio and channels.

Stats for nerds should show this info as well.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
arrbee99

I think all of this needs doing.

I guess it would also then be possible to filter for Atmos, Vision, etc.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
altairr

+1, it would be a really good feature to have especially as there is a lot of content in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos!

DanHarris

I'd also love to have the more detailed information for Atmos (and DTS-X as applicable) as well as advanced HDR formats noted in media info. I'm currently using Android TV (Shield) as my primary Emby experience. 

Thank you for all the amazing work already done to develop Emby's capabilities on Android TV. I really appreciate this program and its great performance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 5:23 AM, rbjtech said:

so 'Video: 4K HEVC' becomes 'Video: 4K HEVC HDR' for example ?

Thanks.

Yes we'll add this for the next release, thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

I'm adding HLG HDR to the list since a lot of BBC material uses HLG and not all players support it.

This info would be nice to know because the nVidia Shield doesn't support HLG and my Samsung does.  When played on the Shield colors are all washed out.  If I knew the file was HLG then I could switch to the Samsung app beforehand.

hlg.jpg.2ef67548ce00fa6ac8398c3b213e1ec9.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
rbjtech

I've been digging into this - even the very latest release of ffmpeg/ffprobe (4.3.2) still does not identify the 'colour space/primaries' correctly - and simply lists it as bt2020 (HDR)

If ffmpeg can classify the colour space / HDR type correctly, then I expect emby will display that info.

ie

HDR Type Identifier
HDR10 2020
HDR10+ 2094-40
Dolby Vision 2094-10
HLG 2100
AD-HDR 2094-20 + 2094-30

Same info with TrueHD Atmos / HRA etc - ffprobe does not identify it other than 'TrueHD' .. :(

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
RokuGuys

Is this feature included in the latest Emby beta release?  I am currently running it and don't see it on display. Just curious if I am missing some settings somewhere or its not ready yet.