Default to resume on back

fizzyade

fizzyade

I've just played a TV episode for 5 minutes and pressed BACK and I have the RESUME button highlighted.

Tried with a movie and got the PLAY button highlighted, not the RESUME one.

So is this a movie issue?

I’ve already mentioned this earlier in the thread, it works as expected with TV shows but doesn’t work correctly with movies, happy that you were able to repeat the same behaviour.

fizzyade

@@fizzyade Did you submit in-app logs when the issue occurred?

So far I haven’t been asked for any logs, it’s been hard enough to convince people that I’m seeing this behaviour. Always happy to submit them if they’re helpful, but would UI stuff like this actually appear in the logs?

CBers

I’ve already mentioned this earlier in the thread, it works as expected with TV shows but doesn’t work correctly with movies, happy that you were able to repeat the same behaviour.

Sorry, must have missed that point.

Glad to confirm that you're not going mad :)

So far I haven’t been asked for any logs, it’s been hard enough to convince people that I’m seeing this behaviour. Always happy to submit them if they’re helpful, but would UI stuff like this actually appear in the logs?

OK, I've just repeated what I found earlier and have submitted in-app logs for @@ebr to review (User=Master).

Will supply the server log if he needs it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the further investigation.  I'll have to try to reproduce although this has me baffled at the moment...

fizzyade

Sorry, must have missed that point.

Glad to confirm that you're not going mad :)

I’ve probably not been as clear as I could have been as I resorted to saying video rather than movie, so I’m at least partly to blame for not being as clear as I could.

Nevertheless, I’m glad that at least 2 other users are seeing this behaviour with movies. Hopefully they can track this down, it’s not a show stopper by any means, but you can imagine the swear words that eminante when I accidentally start a film from the start because the wrong option is automatically selected!

The fact that @@Luke and @@ebr are responding to this and other threads I’ve started says loads about their development ethic and why I’m so glad to have made the switch the emby. I’ve even convinced somebody else who was a lifetime user of plex to switch to emby and they love it.

• Like 1

fizzyade

Thanks for the further investigation.  I'll have to try to reproduce although this has me baffled at the moment...

Like @@CBers I’m happy to supply logs, all 3 of my shield boxes exhibit exactly the same behaviour with movies. Happy to run a beta version with extra logging information around this area if that helps at all.

fizzyade

(Also apologies if I appear “short” with anybody, not my intention, I suffer with autoimmune liver disease and it causes me issues with my brain, so I don’t always articulate well with the written word)

• Like 1

The fact that @@Luke and @@ebr are responding to this and other threads I’ve started says loads about their development ethic and why I’m so glad to have made the switch the emby. I’ve even convinced somebody else who was a lifetime user of plex to switch to emby and they love it.

Even if it isn't possible today they at least make the point to make the effort to say so in the thread. That is the difference here. Effort. How much effort are you worth? You are a person. They are a person. Persons just want an answer or some kind of indication that someone agrees there is a problem. The person made a post for a reason to get some kind of answer or solution or something not just to have you read their post. To developers to act like they avoid it and act like never saw it when it has tons of replies is to act blind. Too often things are brushed aside.

So here on the Emby side of the fence there is a focus on keeping track of things and not brush them under the rug. It is rare you can find a thread where someone hasn't tried to get to the bottom of it or otherwise tried to solve the issue. There should be none that are open ended or just left hanging. Developers and users alike on this side we all share the same goal right? Our media, Our way? Not some agenda shoved down our throats along with our media? Right? 100% agree. I like the greener grass. Green. ^_~

Some may get alarmed the response is so fast. That is normal here and you will eventually get used to this. :)

Edited by speechles

Guest asrequested

I just gave this a try, and I also have this happen with movies. What I noticed is that the second I backed out, the resume button wasn't present, and so the play button was highlighted. Then the resume button pops up, but the focus doesn't shift to it. So maybe it's the timing? The resume button is a little behind when it should be presented?

• Like 1