Default to resume on back

fizzyade

fizzyade

Done a search and can’t find anybody saying anything about this, but if I play a movie and get say 30 minutes through and hit back, it takes me back to the movie page with play selected again, I’ve lost count of the number of times myself or a member of the family has hit play again only for it to restart from the start.

Can the default behaviour from backing out of a movie be to automatically select “resume” instead of “play” (or whatever the default logic is currently) when hitting back and you’re not at the end of the film. Personally I think this makes a lot of sense.

maegibbons

For me it goes back to resume not play using Android TV app on the Shield.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 1

fizzyade

For me it goes back to resume not play using Android TV app on the Shield.

Krs

Mark

Doesn’t for me, hit play on a fresh movie, watch a bit and then hit back the highlighted option is play and not resume. Same behaviour on all 3 shields in the house,

maegibbons

Doesn’t for me, hit play on a fresh movie, watch a bit and then hit back the highlighted option is play and not resume. Same behaviour on all 3 shields in the house,

So is the resume button the 1st or 2nd button on the line. For me resume is 1st and has the focus.

Krs

Mark

fizzyade

So is the resume button the 1st or 2nd button on the line. For me resume is 1st and has the focus.

Krs

Mark

Resume is first in the list, but play (second in list) has the focus. Weird how it works as expected for you, I am running the beta versions of the player, although this has always been the behaviour for me as long as I can remember.

maegibbons

I am running on 1.7.16g

Its always been like this for me.

Krs

Mark8fece709031f650c97297346f7d7dd9f.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, this is already how the app is designed.  Not sure why it isn't working for you.

maegibbons

Looking at your video it seems to go back to the detail screen twice. Whats the scene change warning all about?

Think you should try it just with shield controller.

Krs

Mark

fizzyade

Looking at your video it seems to go back to the detail screen twice. Whats the scene change warning all about?

Think you should try it just with shield controller.

Krs

Mark

I think that’s just the TV doing a resolution/frequency change, all our shields are set up the same and all use CEC and exhibit the same issue with the back button, this is the only try that does the flicker though, I’ve seen it on other sources during a frequency/resolution change, just ignore it, it’s the TV.

Just tried with the shield controller and it goes back to play rather than resume when pressing back,

denz

I just seen the video and that is odd It always goes to resume after watching videos here using Android TV. Not just Android TV it does that in all the apps after you play resume is selected.

Edited by denz

fizzyade

Is everybody reporting this as working seeing the correct behaviour when playing a video, then pressing back?

You’re seeing it go back to the movie selection screen with play and resume options showing with resume selected?

The only way it auto selects resume for me is if I exit back out to the movie selection list screen, select the same movie and then I get both options with resume selected.

Just pressing back while the movie is playing shows both options but play (the second option) is the one that is selected.

@@Luke can you look at the code for this and see if anything pops out at you, as you can see from my two videos I don’t see the intended behaviour, in both cases I played a video from fresh and only the play option was available when the movie was started, pressing back during playback has the effect shown in the videos.

If you have auto refresh rate switching turned on, try turning it off just to see if it behaves differently.

fizzyade

If you have auto refresh rate switching turned on, try turning it off just to see if it behaves differently.

Nope. Same behaviour, defaults to play when pressing back.

CBers

Is everybody reporting this as working seeing the correct behaviour when playing a video, then pressing back?

Late to the game, but yes, that's how it has always worked.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, just in case something is awry with the set up?

fizzyade

Late to the game, but yes, that's how it has always worked.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, just in case something is awry with the set up?

No difference, same behaviour, play is selected.

fizzyade

Can you go over an example?

It’s exactly as I’ve stated multiple times in this thread and as shown by the videos.

Play a video

<wait until some time has elapsed>

press back.

Play is now selected, resume is the first option in the list, but play is the one that is highlighted.

• Like 2

CBers

I've just played a TV episode for 5 minutes and pressed BACK and I have the RESUME button highlighted.

Tried with a movie and got the PLAY button highlighted, not the RESUME one.

So is this a movie issue?

CBers

I've just played a TV episode for 5 minutes and pressed BACK and I have the RESUME button highlighted.

Tried with a movie and got the PLAY button highlighted, not the RESUME one.

So is this a movie issue?

If you play from the beginning or a selected scene (chapter) and don't FF or choose a different chapter via the UP operation during playback, then the RESUME button is highlighted when BACK is pressed.

If you DO anything else, the PLAY button is highlighted when BACK is pressed.

Very weird.

• Like 1