formerly running Kodi 17.6 (all these years)

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Angelblue05

It is optional to sync your libraries. If you don't sync libraries, content that belongs to them will not sync either. But you can access your content via the dynamic shortcuts (above manage libraries)

If nothing was under update libraries, that means none of your libraries are actually synced to Kodi. You have to add them first (as you figured out).

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Hi again,

now (with Kodi companion installed + all libraries updated at least once) when I start Kodi, I already got a message a couple of times that goes somewhat like "you have 14 pending updates, it might be faster to update libraries by...", with a choice of proceeding or not. I chose proceed and those 14 updates are performed in about 5 seconds.

I would appreciate this prompt appearing if it said I had thousands of pending updates, but for just a handful, its not so useful.

Also, my 2nd instance of Kodi (HTPC) is fully up to date and I am a happy camper ! :)

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

@@jlr19

You control the value, the default is 999. Don't know why it's set lower than that.

In the add-on settings > sync > Enable notification if update count is greater than. If you never want to see it, then set it a high value. The reason for it is that it retrieves items individually, which can be slower. Or it gives you a chance to decline that sync at startup if you wish.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Settings#sync

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

@@jlr19

You control the value, the default is 999. Don't know why it's set lower than that.

In the add-on settings > sync > Enable notification if update count is greater than. If you never want to see it, then set it a high value. The reason for it is that it retrieves items individually, which can be slower. Or it gives you a chance to decline that sync at startup if you wish.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Settings#sync

I like the update count, it confirms everything is working ok. If I put it back to a high value (by the way it was me than changed it from 999 to 10), I will lose update count. But if I also lose the message offering to update libraries instead, then its all good. In a perfect world, I would have preferred to keep the count but lose the unnecessary libraries update alternative.

Thanks again

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

One way or another, I am forever grateful for your generous expertise.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I've adjusted the setting for next beta to make it clearer. Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, the confusion came from the settings label. The setting for the progress bar that display the number of updates is under addon settings > interface.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I've adjusted the setting for next beta to make it clearer. Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, the confusion came from the settings label. The setting for the progress bar that display the number of updates is under addon settings > interface.

Thank you, I didn't knew.

those 2 settings (sync page vs interface page) are independent of each other, right?

EDIT Angelblue05

I had posted a question about addon settings > interface, when I remembered that link of yours (post#28)

The GitHub page of Emby for Kodi Settings ! This is a gem of a reference.

I vote for it to be pinned atop Emby Apps/Kodi

Good job! :)

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

As of this morning, Kodi and/or Emby for Kodi does not update with latest added content.

No Emby greeting, no update progress bar (it is set to display if count greater than 5), kodi companion is enabled

I went in emby addon, manage libraries and when I select update libraries; no reaction: it doesnt bring the page to choose which libraries to update

I almost forgot to say that Emby acknowledges about 14 new tv shows.

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

Can you provide your Kodi log that should have had those updates at startup? Is Kodi located on the same network as your server? Does Kodi have the right time?

CharleyVarrick

Can you provide your Kodi log that should have had those updates at startup? Is Kodi located on the same network as your server? Does Kodi have the right time?

Yes, Kodi and Emby are on same network, Kodi shows exact time.

Log enclosed

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@Luke

I think something must be wrong with Emby. This is the third person in a short period to report issues caused by the server not having a LAN assigned. Fixed by restarting Emby.

@@jlr19

Try restarting your Emby server, it has no LAN address (confirm in the dashboard) and that causes connection issues to your server and why you didn't receive updates.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I was just about to tell you that BOTH of my Kodi pc are affected, which points to Emby.

CharleyVarrick

And Yes, I restarted the server and within seconds, Hi Emby user greeting followed by update progress.

EDIT: But I forgot to check beforehand the IP (or lack of) on Dashboard. :(

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I had similar symptoms this morning, but I was unable to open Emby dashboard.

After restarting Emby, ip address was ok, but noticed a couple of oddities under Activity (starting with "ffff", the other a mere "1")

EDIT: Within half an hour or so, it happened again. When Emby is in this state, its unreachable. If Dashboard is already opened and I refresh, I get "page cannot be displayed, connection was reset page"

5ce11c54c386c_1.jpg

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

An hour past and again, Emby vanished, on the server I have a dead emby tray icon. In task manager, only embytray.exe,is running (no embyserver.exe)

I will therefore start a thread in the appropriate emby windows server area.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

With help from @@Luke, I managed to get Emby running dependably (he made me uninstall 4 Emby plugins, including Companion).

Obviously, Companion was the first plugin I reinstalled.

Since late yesterday evening, Kodi is not picking up newly added content, and also I do not see the Emby greeting.

On Emby's side, its picking up new content.

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

I just discovered on the Dashboard I have no internal ip, just remote ip

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

Yes, restart your server. Still no idea why this happens server-side. You are not alone. I have fixed this for next beta, which should be released tomorrow at some point. I have a few things left to look over.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

we'll do, but can you explain how you can fix something in Emby for Kodi that will fix Emby itself

And yes, restarting emby, then restarting kodi fixed it...for now

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

we'll do, but can you explain how you can fix something in Emby for Kodi that will fix Emby itself

And yes, restarting emby, then restarting kodi fixed it...for now

I mean I fixed the error you encountered in Kodi due to this server issue so that it can move past it.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I mean I fixed the error you encountered in Kodi due to this server issue so that it can move past it.

OK some kind of workaround.

You mentioned its a emby server issue and I'm not alone, so @@Luke is aware of it and trying to pinpoint and fix.

I am wondering if there's a "master thread" about it on his side.