[4.1.0.26] Latest version doesn't expose the title of what's playing anymore?

RedaLazri

RedaLazri

Hello,

I'm running Emby server on a Qnap and accessing it via Chrome on macOS, I use it to listen to stuff as well as watching all sort of videos. One thing I have set up is Timing, a time tracker to see how much time I spend watching TV, working...etc. Before 4.1.0.26 Timing was able to catch the name of playing video and turn them to keywords to track them, since the update I only Get Emby 1h 30m which isn't good since I do many things while Emby is open not just watch TV. What's happened?

Before

5cc152404daed_Screenshot20190425072215.p

After

5cc1529915217_Screenshot20190425072011.p

Note that I'm NOT running any Beta version, it's from another software and happens to have a close duration.

Hi, I don't quite understand. So this app is called Timing? How does it get this information from Emby?

RedaLazri

hey Luke, It gets information from the browser tab, for instance if I visit www.youtube.com and watch a 5min video called 'cute cats' it catches the domain name and turns 'cute' and 'cats' into keywords that I can then drag into a category named 'videos' or something like that. I know it catches the page <title></title> but I'm not sure if it goes in and catches the <h1></h1> as well since it was working fine with the previous version of Emby even though Emby wasn't displaying the title of the video on the tab AFAIK.

https://timingapp.com/

Edited by RedaLazri

RedaLazri

Update: This seems to a per-video problem. It tracked an episode correctly yesterday evening but failed to track a movie at night. As you can see, it was displayed as 'Emby' 5cc2b4c91901d_Screenshot20190426083231.p

But it was fine a few hours before:

5cc2b5280694b_Screenshot20190426083625.p

So it's either failing to display the title some of the time or it has something to do with the files being played. All the Metadata is correctly present.

• 3 weeks later...
RedaLazri

It's resolved for the next release, thanks.

If you mean `4.1.1.0` then the bug is sadly still present. :(