Setting default recording location

Michael.D.Pine

Michael.D.Pine

What is the suggestion for setting a default recording path, do people generally create a share folder and store the recordings there ? Or just use the default path ?

If it is a share folder or folder on the NAS raid drives how to I specify in the folder location in the text box in the attached file ?

This is my first time installing this on my NAS so never configured anything like this before ?

I assume if I install another client on another machine I just connect it to that Emby Server and it will have access to all the recordings but I would like the recordings to go into a Share folder or folder on the actual RAID drives and not on the NAS O/S storage.

thanks

Michael

post-360614-0-53061700-1556161123_thumb.png

PenkethBoy

I created a share "EmbyProgData"

so mine look like this

Use the search icon (magnifying glass) to pick the directory

5cc28f7a32381_Annotation.png

I dont fill in the default path as it will create an extra library on the home page which wont get used

Please let us know if this helps. We need to improve these settings and make them easier to understand. Thanks.

Michael.D.Pine

Will do, just have to give me some time though, I think I actually do have it set up I will try and test some recordings tonight and see if it works ok and then connect from a different device, it's just currently the main tv/setup is now in Production use, so if I tell my wife I have to take it away for a while, I will be killed..... :)