Roku Express Not Connecting to Emby

Ravenshield

Ravenshield

3.4.1.0 seems to be the max version for 11.1

Not that this would fix your issue, but have you tried upgrading to 11.2-U3? If you are running 11.1 you shouldn't have any trouble on 11.2. What was the installation issue? 11.2-U3 still has access to the legacy interface and can run legacy jails (just can't create legacy jails).

I actually can't upgrade with the current hardware config

When I upgraded the last time the FreeNAS server would randomly go offline every 10 seconds and spout random crap all over the console screen.
Basically from what I gathered the issue may have been related to using a USB 2.0 stick as the boot drive and USB 3.0 would be required (or some other hardware compatibility issue).
I don't actually have a USB 3.0 media stick nor do I have any free hard drive ports. The system is using 5 for the RAID array and 1 for the SSD drive for the transcoding.

Diedrich

3.4.1.0 seems to be the max version for 11.1

I actually can't upgrade with the current hardware config

When I upgraded the last time the FreeNAS server would randomly go offline every 10 seconds and spout random crap all over the console screen.

Basically from what I gathered the issue may have been related to using a USB 2.0 stick as the boot drive and USB 3.0 would be required (or some other hardware compatibility issue).

I don't actually have a USB 3.0 media stick nor do I have any free hard drive ports. The system is using 5 for the RAID array and 1 for the SSD drive for the transcoding.

Right, you said though the last time you tried an upgrade was a year ago. There have been significant fixes since then, an upgrade now might work. Many users report upgrade issues with USB boot drives.

First attempt would be to upgrade from the GUI. If that doesn't work then just roll back to the previous boot environment. If that doesn't work then just save your config file to some client. Download and install 11.2-U3 to your current USB and then just import your config file to restore your settings.

If I remember correctly, USB 3.0 devices are now supported. But that brings up a question - I believe the new bootloader requires UEFI, to which your system may not support??

Still, none of this solves your issue, just trying to help you get the latest and greatest.

Ravenshield

Right, you said though the last time you tried an upgrade was a year ago. There have been significant fixes since then, an upgrade now might work. Many users report upgrade issues with USB boot drives.

First attempt would be to upgrade from the GUI. If that doesn't work then just roll back to the previous boot environment. If that doesn't work then just save your config file to some client. Download and install 11.2-U3 to your current USB and then just import your config file to restore your settings.

If I remember correctly, USB 3.0 devices are now supported. But that brings up a question - I believe the new bootloader requires UEFI, to which your system may not support??

Still, none of this solves your issue, just trying to help you get the latest and greatest.

Its not that USB 3.0 was not supported. The problem they are indicating is that my boot drive is USB 2.0 and possibly too slow - assuming that is what the issue is.

If you follow the FreeBSD section of the community, we'll have updated install instructions on our website for FreeNAS very soon. They will require 11.2+ though. Thanks.