Is 14-17 seconds about right for live tv tuning speed?

rykr

I'm getting this on two different Roku tvs going to two different Emby servers.   It's about 14-17 seconds to tune a tv channel from a cold stop.

maegibbons

It varies but yes it can be as long as that.

Currently i am 8-11 on atv but somtimes it is longer.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

Sammy

When I'm feeling lucky I can get a 6 to 7 second tune time. Usually it's on the order of 15 to 20 seconds. Sometimes it's even 30 or more or it just times out.

@@ebr and @@Luke need to bring this to the forefront of development.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

That's hard to live with when kodi+tvheadend consistently tunes in the 4-5 second window with full time shifting.  I realize one of the diff is that going to the Roku ffmpeg is getting involved to replackage the data though I have no idea why.

Sammy

OTOH, if you start a recording and then play from the active recording it tunes almost immediately.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

It varies but yes it can be as long as that.

Currently i am 8-11 on atv but somtimes it is longer.

Krs

Mark

Can you compare the features of Emby on atv vs android tv or fire tv?     Got a video of it working I can see?  I'm trying to decide between a fire tv, another shield, or atv

maegibbons

Can you compare the features of Emby on atv vs android tv or fire tv? Got a video of it working I can see? I'm trying to decide between a fire tv, another shield, or atv

ATV is androidTV. If you have tried it on the shield then you will know that that is the best experience you can get as far as Live TV.

In terms of normal playback the FireTV 4k Stick works well.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

ATV is androidTV. If you have tried it on the shield then you will know that that is the best experience you can get as far as Live TV.

In terms of normal playback the FireTV 4k Stick works well.

Krs

Mark

Sorry.  I thought you were using ATV to mean Apple TV.  I just tried it  here on a 1st or 2nd gen fire tv stick (non-4k)  and the experience is def better than the Roku app on my Roku tv.   Still not as snappy as shield but not that far off.