HDHomeRun Firmware Update

arche

arche

Just in case, they released a firmware update a few days ago.

• HDTC-2US/HDHR5-2US/HDHR5-4US: Demodulator firmware update – fixes reception problems for WTVD.
  • HDHR3-CC: Fix problem where disabled channels could self re-enable when the background scan ran if the channel disappeared from the lineup and later reappeared.
  • HDTC-2US: Drop unused gateway UPnP probe/control support.
  • ALL: Add X-HDHomeRun-Resource header to video HTTP response to indicate the tuner number.
  • ALL: Add /status.json to report tuner status in a machine readable format.

https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/firmware-changelog/

Edited by arche
  • Like 3

roberthleeii

I would be happier with the prime 6 being announced.

I just saw this. Have they announced pricing? I want one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

arche

I just saw this. Have they announced pricing? I want one

Rumor was $199. Not sure if this is fact yet or not.

roberthleeii

I sent an email directly to them and they said $199 but no relese date, still working on it.

mediacowboy

I'm not holding my breath. They have been promising a single unit 6 tuner 1 cable card since 2015 or something like that.

Edited by mediacowboy
  • Like 1

arche

After @@cayars point out here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72143-growing-drm-channels/?p=726546 about the interface speed, I've been second guessing whether or not to just get another prime 3, among the rest of the discussion in that thread. My thoughts have really changed on the prime 6 after others pointed out my misconception of the prime 6. Not sure it's worth it.

mediacowboy

After @@cayars point out here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72143-growing-drm-channels/?p=726546 about the interface speed, I've been second guessing whether or not to just get another prime 3, among the rest of the discussion in that thread. My thoughts have really changed on the prime 6 after others pointed out my misconception of the prime 6. Not sure it's worth it.

Even though I am not holding my breath for the prime 6 that will be the only option. The parts to make a new prime 3 are no longer available.

arche

Even though I am not holding my breath for the prime 6 that will be the only option. The parts to make a new prime 3 are no longer available.

Ebay and Craigslist are the only option to buy a used one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
arche

Not sure if anyone noticed, as I just noticed. Another firmware update to HDHomeRun Prime (for me at least). 

Release 20190621:
  • SCRIBE production release firmware.
  • SERVIO production release firmware.
  • HDTC-2US/HDHR5-2US/HDHR5-4US: Demodulator firmware update.
  • ALL: Fix handling of HTTP/UPnP requests that immediately disconnect without waiting for a response.
  • ALL: Enforce use of HTTP-POST for operations that change configuration.

• 8 months later...
arche

Just in case anyone missed it, firmware update 20200225:

Release 20200225:
  • Add MDNS support for hdhomerun.local and hdhr-xxxxxxxx.local (where xxxxxxxx is the device id). Open a web browser and enter http://hdhomerun.local/ to bring up the device webpage.
  • Remember user favorite/disable channel selection even if a channel goes away or a new scan is requested.
  • Detect HD HEVC channels and indicate HEVC channels on the channel lineup webpage.
  • DeviceAuth changed to not require escaping when passed as a URL parameter.
  • Update to latest HTTPS/TLS root certs.
  • Remove unused PnPX announcements.
  • Improvements to diagnostic logging.
  • SCRIBE/SERVIO: Add download links to recorded files webpage.
  • SCRIBE/SERVIO: Fix problem where new recordings may not show after deleting a recording.
  • HDHR5/SCRIBE/SERVIO: Fix problem where Ethernet link speed was incorrectly reported for non-100f speeds.
  • DT/IS models: Clean up modulation reporting.
  • HDHR3-CC: Include virtual channel number and name in tuner status json.
  • HDHR3-CC: Fix problem where channel could self enable after being disabled by the user.
  • LEGACY models: Fix sequence number generation when generating PAT tables.
  • LEGACY models: DeviceAuth changed to not require escaping when passed as a URL parameter.

• Like 1

Sammy

Just in case anyone missed it, firmware update 20200225:

Release 20200225:

• Add MDNS support for hdhomerun.local and hdhr-xxxxxxxx.local (where xxxxxxxx is the device id). Open a web browser and enter http://hdhomerun.local/ to bring up the device webpage.
  • Remember user favorite/disable channel selection even if a channel goes away or a new scan is requested.

• Detect HD HEVC channels and indicate HEVC channels on the channel lineup webpage.
  • DeviceAuth changed to not require escaping when passed as a URL parameter.
  • Update to latest HTTPS/TLS root certs.
  • Remove unused PnPX announcements.
  • Improvements to diagnostic logging.
  • SCRIBE/SERVIO: Add download links to recorded files webpage.
  • SCRIBE/SERVIO: Fix problem where new recordings may not show after deleting a recording.
  • HDHR5/SCRIBE/SERVIO: Fix problem where Ethernet link speed was incorrectly reported for non-100f speeds.
  • DT/IS models: Clean up modulation reporting.
  • HDHR3-CC: Include virtual channel number and name in tuner status json.
  • HDHR3-CC: Fix problem where channel could self enable after being disabled by the user.
  • LEGACY models: Fix sequence number generation when generating PAT tables.
  • LEGACY models: DeviceAuth changed to not require escaping when passed as a URL parameter.

"[*]Detect HD HEVC channels and indicate HEVC channels on the channel lineup webpage."

Does this mean it'll tune these or just report the existence of the encode?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
arche

As always, just in case anyone has missed it, firmware update 20200521

Release 20200521:

• DVBT/ISDBT models: backwards compatibility for old modualtion strings.
  • HDVR/HHDD models: recorded_files defaults to returning the root / top-level-recorded list.
  • All models: support for multiple sub-channels sharing the same video pid.
  • All models: require UPnP GENA event URL IP address match the IP address requesting the subscription.
  • All models: add MDNS support for xxxxxxxx.local where xxxxxxxx is the device id.

Edited by arche
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up, firmware update 20200907

Release 20200907:

• HDHR3-CC: workaround headend problem seen on Altice/Optimum plant in Long Island causing periodic picture breakup.
  • HDHR5-2US/4US: fix problem reporting correct signal level on some units.
  • HDHR5-2DT/4DT: add DVB-C support.
  • HDVR/HHDD models: add support for WDC drives.
  • All models: support discovery via multicast.
  • All models: report network rate in status.json.
  • All models: improvements to LED indicators.

Firmware Changelog

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Release 20210210/20210210a:

• HDHR5-4K: Rollup of ATSC 3.0 improvements and fixes.
  • HDHR5-4K: Shift ATSC 3.0 channels to 100+ range to avoid conflict with ATSC 1.0 channels.
  • US models: Faster OTA channel scan.
  • CC models: Faster channel scan on cable systems with SDV (with or without tuning resolver connected).
  • HDVR/HHDD models: Performance and memory optimization storing recordings to disk.
  • All models: improvements to diagnostic logging.

Firmware Changelog

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
arche

Release 20210624:

• 4K models: Fix problem detecting PLPs when certain advanced features are present.
  • 4K models: Fix bug that could cause tuners to stop tuning channels.
  • 4K models: Report BSID in plpinfo if sent by broadcaster.
  • ATSC models: Detect and track source id in channel scan.
  • HDFX-4K: Prioritize tuning ATSC 1.0 channels on the ATSC 1.0 tuners.
  • HDFX-4K: Add support for DEV variant.
  • Improvements to H264 and HEVC video resolution detection.
  • Improvements to multicast/IGMP handling for UPnP and MDNS.

Firmware Changelog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Release 20220128:

• HDVR/HDFX models: Use https for image URLs.

Release 20220125:

• 4K models: Fix problem where first PMT may not contain all audio tracks which can result in the client choosing the wrong audio track.
  • 4K models: Fix problem where audio language was not reported when present in the manifest but not present in the DASH MP4 data which can result in the client choosing the wrong audio track.
  • 4K models: Support gzip encoding and more content types for file bundles referenced in the FDT.
  • 4K models: Support MP4 init data where the sidx timescale is different to the mdhd timescale.
  • 4K models: Improvements to MMTP handling.
  • TECH models: Add optional support for HDHomeRun apps with TV guide.
  • Upgrade TLS root certificates.

Firmware Changelog

Edited by arche
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
arche

Release 20220822:

• CableCARD models: Support for Vecima Tuning Adapters used to support CableCARD on high-split cable systems.
  • ATSC3 models: Support operation when codepoint is not specified in S-TSID data.
  • ATSC3 models: Fix problem parsing some multi-part broadcast data.
  • DVR models: Fix problem transitioning to a new live TV file after transitioning once.
  • DVR models: Report bps for completed recordings in addition to in-progress recordings.
  • DVR models: Remove old Roku-specific playback mode that is no longer used by the Roku app.
  • DVR models: Return “416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable” for playback requests where the range is malformed or invalid.
  • Security: TCP keepalive probe after 60 seconds for inactive connections.
  • Security: Improve DNS request-response validation to prevent injection attacks.
  • Security: Limit TTL for control requests.

Firmware Changelog

Edited by arche

• 1 month later...

Release 20221023:

• HDHR5/HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: IPv6 support.
  • HDHR5/HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: Improvements to automatic reboot handling required for EU certification.
  • HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: Optimized handling of a new DVR request for the same channel from the same client.
  • HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: Fix problem where duplicates could start recording at startup while existing recordings are still being detected.
  • ATSC3 models: Fix problem handling ATSC 3.0 stations missing media content type tag.
  • ATSC3 models: Fix problem handling ATSC 3.0 stations where the sample duration was not specified.
  • HDFX models: Use the first 17.6TB of the hard drive rather than failing to configure a hard drive 18TB or larger.
  • HDVR models: Operate as a tuner only if the hard drive is removed or not functioning.
  • HDTC: Fix reporting of codec tag in http response when transcoding.
  • Add lineup.m3u for use with VLC and other apps that import m3u channel lists.
  • Fix parsing of URLs without URI after the IP address.
  • Improvements to URL generation so the URLs are valid from .local names or if port forwarding across private subnets.
  • Don’t limit TTL for discover, control, or webpage access on private networks.
  • Upgraded discover support.
  • Security: Improved IP validation.
  • Legacy models: Update lineup URL.
  • Legacy models: Security: Limit TTL for non-private networks.

Firmware Changelog

• Thanks 2

rbjtech
  • Improvements to URL generation so the URLs are valid from .local names or if port forwarding across private subnets.
  • Don’t limit TTL for discover, control, or webpage access on private networks.

Interesting - so we may now finally be able to stream directly via a VPN using private subnets .. hooray ...

• Like 1

Release 20221031:

• HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: Fix problem where device could self-reboot while verifying the filesystem on the hard drive.
  • HDHR5/HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: Improvements to diagnostic logging.
  • CableCARD models: Disable background channel scan when a tuning adapter is present.
  • Fix problem where HTTP response was not sent in reply to some POST control commands.

Firmware Changelog

• 2 months later...
arche

Release 20221205:

• HDHR4 models: IPv6 support.
  • HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: Faster automatic failover when recording and multiple HDHomeRun devices are available.
  • CableCARD models: Fix problem where device may fail to sync with the guide server if the cable provider is sending the incorrect time on an inband channel.
  • TECH models: Fix crash-reboot when executing a bootscript that sets a target.

Firmware Changelog

Edited by arche
  • Thanks 1