Reason for Portrait vs Landscape

hshah

hshah

I can't seem to get my head around why portrait cards are forced on the home screen, but available as a configurable setting elsewhere?

99.9% of images in my XMLTV feed are landscape, and that looks lovely on the screens where I can set items to be displayed as thumbs.  Is there any reason why the same isn't available for the home screen?

One of the screenshots attached is of the Live TV section with "Next up" below it.  If Next Up can be landscape thumbs, surely the same should be possible for the sections where people would prefer to have that particular view?

post-284361-0-51306200-1556001032_thumb.png

post-284361-0-78533700-1556001042_thumb.png

post-284361-0-56409500-1556001050_thumb.png

• Like 1

hshah

We just have not yet added settings for this onto the home page.

I had briefly gone through the other threads on this topic, and I don't recall it being made apparent that this feature/change was only partially implemented.  Just to clarify, are you saying that the "Image Type" selection (screenshot attached) is going to be consistent and available in the same capacity across all the various media views/screens?

Do you have any idea when this may be delivered?  I have spent the last few days faffing around with my XMLTV feed and various enrichment steps in order to cater for the landscape/portrait inconsistencies and the resulting sore eyes... hopefully I can park that, especially since it should always have remained parked :)

post-284361-0-44611300-1556060031_thumb.png

Well they're different screens so I'm not sure yet. The home screen may just get it's own.

hshah

Well they're different screens so I'm not sure yet. The home screen may just get it's own.

I don't think I or anyone else for that matter is overly concerned about exactly how the functionality is represented, as long as it is present in some manner across the board.  

Whilst I am looking at this from a usability, consistency, aesthetics etc perspective for both the end user and development/maintenance, I have no doubt that there was a suitable reason for not applying the same functionality to the Home Screen.  This applies to the Programmes, Channels and .I think Recordings screen (I don't have any recordings at present so cannot confirm if an option becomes visible when there is).

There most definitely needs to be the functionality of applying a global display style as well as the individual option that is partially present at the moment.  Is this something that is actively being looking and do you have any estimates on timescales?

I don't have a timeframe, sorry, other than just to say that more display settings for the home screen are planned for the future. thanks.

• Like 1

hshah

I don't have a timeframe, sorry, other than just to say that more display settings for the home screen are planned for the future. thanks.

That is more than enough for me... I work on software development and across project life cycles so what you just said is quite clear :)

/Edit: Apologies @@Luke, I just re-read the above and realised it could have come across as quite rude... I was trying to portray the fact that I understand how reality differs from common misconceptions :)

Edited by hshah

• 4 years later...
On 4/24/2019 at 6:33 AM, hshah said:

That is more than enough for me... I work on software development and across project life cycles so what you just said is quite clear :)

/Edit: Apologies @@Luke, I just re-read the above and realised it could have come across as quite rude... I was trying to portray the fact that I understand how reality differs from common misconceptions :)

You are not rude at all, 4 years later and stil no fix, so be as rude as you like 🫣