Recording Channel of live tv plugins - multiple problems

pünktchen

pünktchen

@@Luke since Emby Server 4.x.x multiple problems with the recording channel of live tv plugins raised up in addition to some old ones.

Problem #1: Lack of communication! Why weren't the plugin developers informed about breaking changes in the core? The recording channel is now totally dependent on the "Refresh internet channels task".

With a default task interval of 24 hours, the users never see new recordings. A custom trigger at the minimum interval of 15 minutes is slightly better, but also means every other channel plugin would be unnecessary refreshed. No word of you that we have to implement "IHasChangeEvent".

Also with the latest nugget package "SupportsProbing" and "ReadAtNativeFramerate" is deprecated and "GetLatestMedia(ChannelLatestMediaSearch request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)" leads to a compiling error. Happily the latest media is still working without this method.

Problem #2: Inprogress recordings don't show up anymore under the dashboard, the separate homescreen line or the schedules tab of live tv. This was working in Emby 3.5.x

Problem #3: Inprogress recordings refuse to play https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67389-recording-in-progress-refuses-to-play/ This was working in Emby 3.5.x

Problem #4: The items of the recording channel are now triggering an online metadata lookup. In general this is a nice feature, but the implementation is just crap. There's no way to disable this completely , there's no way to set the prefered language, the prefered providers and images and so on.

The biggest nonsense is the providers are queried with the "MediaSource path". In my plugins this is something like this: "http://192.168.0.2:8090/upnp/recordings/980.ts".So the providers are always queried with "recordings" which leads to random unexpected and unwanted results.

Why don't you use the "ChannelItemInfo Name", "SeriesName" and "ContentType" to identify if the recording is a movie or tv show and then query the appropriate provider?

Problem #5: Separate tv show episodes are now falsely treated as multi version episodes https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72498-live-tv-plugin-recording-channel-creates-multiple-versions-for-episode-items/ This was working in Emby 3.5.x

Problem #6: Playback of recordings (probably it's the media probe) clears out the recording "overview" metadata. This was already broken in Emby 3.5.x

Problem #7: Already reported two times some months ago - if i define channel containers as series and season folders, then no episodes are returned.

embyserver-63691580914.txt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sorry, I just saw this, but I already made the change. I fixed your RecordingChannel constructor which would also prevent the Channel from being able to load at all.